Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$43,600.00 - $71,900.00
What Is the Opportunity?This is an entry level position that requires satisfactory completion of required training to advance to a Workers' Compensation claim professional position. This position is intended to develop skills for investigating, evaluating, negotiating and resolving claims on losses of lesser value and complexity. Provides quality claim handling throughout the claim life cycle (customer contacts, coverage, investigation, evaluation, reserving, negotiation and resolution) including maintaining full compliance with internal and external quality standards and state specific regulations. As part of the hiring process, this position requires the completion of an online pre-employment assessment. Further information regarding the assessment including an accommodation process, if needed, will be provided at such time as your candidacy is deemed appropriate for further consideration.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
What Will You Do?
- Completes required training program which includes the overall instruction, exposure, and preparation for employees to progress to the next level position. It is a mix of online, virtual, classroom, and on-the-job training. The training may require travel.
- The on the job training includes practice and execution and coaching on the following core assignments:
- Conduct investigations, including, but not limited to assessing policy coverage, investigation of non-questionable/questionable claims, contacting insureds, injured workers, medical providers, and other parties in a timely manner to determine compensability.
- Proactively manage inventory with documented plans of action and emphasis on file quality and data integrity to ensure timely and appropriate resolution or reassignment.
- Achieve a positive end result by returning injured party to work and coordinating the appropriate medical treatment in collaboration with internal nurse resources where appropriate. Manage, resolve or reassign those claims where pre-injury return to work is unlikely.
- Establish and update reserves to reflect claim exposure and document rationale. Identify exposures and establish appropriate reserves. Apply knowledge to determine causal relatedness of medical conditions.
- Collaborate with internal nurse resources (Medical Case Manager) in order to integrate the delivery of medical services into the overall claim strategy.
- Complete required letters and state forms and any other required documents as required. Prepare necessary letters and state filings within statutory limits.
- Determine and actively develop ongoing strategic plans for resolution as required. Develop strategies to manage losses involving issues of statutory benefit entitlement, medical diagnoses, Medicare Set Aside to achieve resolution through the best possible outcome. Work in collaboration with specialty resources (i.e. medical and legal) to proactively pursue claim resolution opportunities.
- Pursue all offset opportunities, including apportionment, contribution and subrogation. Evaluate claims for potential fraud.
- Effectively manage litigation to drive files to an optimal outcome, including resolution of benefits. Understand and apply Medicare Set Asides and allocations.
- Negotiate settlement of claims within designated authority. Evaluate and document a detailed settlement analysis, value and range. Refer claims beyond authority as appropriate based on exposure and established guidelines. May use structured settlement/annuity as appropriate for the jurisdiction.
- Participate in Telephonic and/or onsite File Reviews.
- Respond to inquiries - verbal and written.
- Keeping injured worker apprised of claim status.
- Communicate and complete denials on medical and indemnity issues.
- In order to perform the essential functions of this job, acquisition and maintenance of Insurance License(s) may be required to comply with state and Travelers requirements. Generally, license(s) must be obtained within three months of starting the job and obtain ongoing continuing education credits as mandated.
- In order to progress to Claim Representative, a Trainee must demonstrate proficiency in the skills outlined above. Proficiency will be verified by appropriate management, according to established standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or a minimum of 2 years of work OR customer service related experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ownership attitude and customer centric response to all assigned tasks - Basic
- Verbal and written communication skills -Intermediate
- Attention to detail ensuring accuracy - Basic
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment managing multiple priorities - Basic
- Analytical Thinking - Basic
- Judgment/ Decision Making - Basic
What is a Must Have?
- High School Diploma or GED and one year of customer service experience OR Bachelor's Degree required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.