Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$56,100.00 - $92,500.00
What Is the Opportunity?The Boiler & Machinery (Equipment Breakdown) Business Center underwrites and negotiates low to mid-sized Boiler & Machinery new and renewal business accounts for assigned agents, brokers, client companies, and/or internal business unit partners. The Associate Account Executive (AAE), Boiler & Machinery Business Center is responsible for account profitability, growth, and retention consistent with Travelers underwriting and marketing strategies and in coordination with Boiler & Machinery and BoilerRe Account Executives. As an AAE, you will collaborate with internal and external partners to provide coverage for new and/or renewal business based on customers' needs and hold responsibility for a less complex book of business in a high-volume environment. At this level, you are expected to demonstrate a developing understanding of Boiler & Machinery underwriting, marketing, products, and services.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility. #LI-Hybrid
What Will You Do?
- Manage the profitability, growth, and retention of an assigned book of business.
- Underwrite and negotiate less complex accounts to minimize risk and maximize profitability by performing appropriate underwriting analysis while following underwriting compliance guidelines and best practices.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with internal partners within the business unit and across the enterprise to support market penetration objectives and identify cross-selling opportunities.
- Foster relationships with external partners by delivering seamless underwriting experiences and solutions.
- Identify and capture new business opportunities using consultative marketing and sales skills.
- Support the execution of agency, region, and group sales plans.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's degree.
- One to three years of relevant underwriting experience with experience in Boiler & Machinery (Equipment Breakdown).
- Knowledge of Boiler & Machinery products, the regulatory environment, and the local insurance market.
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to identify routine underwriting, marketing, or financial challenges and analyze available information to make decisions in alignment with our risk appetite.
- Automation platform skills with the use of management information tools, rating systems and Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Organization and time management skills that allow the management of multiple tasks, prioritization and effective work outcomes in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment.
- Sales and negotiation skills.
- Collaboration skills to establish strong relationships and network within the Enterprise and externally.
- Communication, awareness and influence skills in the disciplines of interpersonal and small group communications as well as appropriate and effective written communication.
- CPCU designation.
What is a Must Have?
- One year of insurance or underwriting experience.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.