Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$64,200.00 - $105,900.00
What Is the Opportunity?Manage the development, submission, negotiation and approval of rate, rule and form filings commensurate with business objectives and in compliance with regulatory requirements. Lead role in managing the more complex and controversial filings and related issues. Provides leadership and mentoring to Regulatory staff. Provides technical expertise and support to business units on filing related issues. Coordinates interaction with business unit representatives, Legal, Government Affairs and other areas to assure appropriate individuals are involved during the course of a filing.
What Will You Do?
- Develop and prepare rule, rate and form filings to achieve business unit objectives and gain regulatory approval. This includes providing direction and support to the business units in the development and preparation of the material to be filed. Develops the overall filing strategy.
- Manage the communication and negotiation of filings with state insurance departments in a manner that will result in timely approval of company products.
- Apply problem solving techniques to assist business unit personnel when responding to regulatory issues. Communicate with appropriate company personnel to ensure timely implementation of filings.
- Review and analyze state insurance department statutes, regulations, bulletins, etc. to determine filing and regulatory requirements. Stay current on changes and developments that impact insurance design and development, in addition to filing requirements. Interpret state insurance statutes, regulations, etc. to provide guidance and direction to business units.
- Develop and maintain extensive personal contacts with state insurance department staff. Work with Legal, Government Affairs and Compliance personnel to identify and communicate sensitive regulatory issues or political situations. Represent the company at industry meetings.
- Perform other related duties, including short or long term projects, as assigned by senior staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Knowledge of regulatory and compliance aspects of the insurance industry.
- Knowledge of business line products, including company organization and procedures.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to negotiate skillfully and successfully.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of various computer applications (Email, Microsoft Word, etc.)
- Technical/Business Competence:
- Strong knowledge of general regulatory requirements as they relate to commercial insurance.
- Expertise in state regulations for assigned states.
- Creative problem solving skills and ability to identify complex, critical and sensitive filing issues.
- Quality work products that are accurate, clear, concise and thorough.
- Ability to concisely present complex regulatory issues.
- Understands, synthesizes and conveys complex data.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Communicates effectively at all levels across the organization.
- Takes responsibility for decisions and actions.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task duties and projects on a timely basis.
- Establishes self as credible, reliable and available both within and outside the organization.
- Understands the business and responds to all related issues and problems in a timely manner.
- Interpersonal Skills/Contribution to Overall Effectiveness of Unit:
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships across organizational lines.
- Willing to accept new responsibilities and adapt to change.
- Ability to represent the company as its spokesperson, work in a sensitive environment and promote the company image.
- Works independently and in a team environment; promotes teamwork.
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelors Degree and 3 years work experience (knowledge of filings, compliance or related fields) or High School Diploma and 4 years related work experience (knowledge of filings, compliance or related fields) required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility. #LI-Hybrid
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.