Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$156,800.00 - $258,700.00
What Is the Opportunity?As an Assistant Vice President of Data and Analytics Architecture, you will be an inspirational and transformative leader joining a dynamic organization with the goal to create the next generation data and analytic platform here at Travelers, a Dow 30 company. As a leader within the Enterprise Architecture and Emerging Technology, you'll be joining a strategic and collaborative team. In this role you will -
*Lead the design and architecture of the next generation information architecture that enables business vision
*Be an expert in one or more areas across Data & Analytics domain including data storage (Data Lake & Data Warehouse), data integration, business intelligence, artificial intelligence & machine learning
*Drive the implementations of domain driven designs of Data Models, Data APIs and Data Products
*Partner with cloud and security architects, data and software engineers to implement cutting-edge while pragmatic solutions that will bring together data using a combination of deep technical skills, business acumen, and strong interpersonal skills
*Keep up with marketing trends in the Data & Analytics area and identify new opportunities of technologies & solutions; you will drive the technologies selection and partner with an engineering team to plan and execute Proof of Technologies
*Inspire, build, lead and mentor high performing architecture teams that are innovative and pragmatic in solving impactful business solutions
You will lead a team of enterprise architects in collaboration with a matrixed team of division-focused architects to drive analytics and information advantage. You will?provide leadership?in the field of?information?and?Analytics for the enterprise. ?Your team will?drive the?design and architecture?of common enterprise solutions related to data and analytics.?
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Organizational responsibility for a major segment of Technology Architecture in support of the Enterprise Analytics & Information business unit
- Works with the Senior leadership within Technology and Business to develop architecture priorities and direction to enable business imperatives
- Displays strong thought leadership in pursuit of modern architecture principals and technology modernization
- Drives continuous technology transformation to minimize technical debt
- Create a partnership with Senior Software Engineering leadership
- Looks for opportunities to capitalize on technology advances through analysis of key industry and technology trends to assess potential impact on the enterprise
- Defines and leads technology proof of concepts to ensure feasibility of new technology architecture solutions
- Defines target state technology architecture and roadmaps
- Ensures alignment of IT initiatives with the target state
- Builds strong partnership with engineering to ensure proper alignment of skills with technology direction
- Prepares and delivers comprehensive communications to convey architectural direction and how it aligns with enterprise strategy
- Optimizes talent strategy to ensure proper mix of resources and attracts and recruits best talent
- Continuously improve efficiency and effectiveness of the architecture
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in work experience
- Eight years of experience in enterprise, application, and/or information architecture within a line of business or enterprise area
- Two years of previous management experience
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's in technology related field or equivalent with 10+ years of technology Architecture experience
- Provided mentorship to architecture leaders
- Organizational and transformational Leadership Experience in an agile operating model
- Expert level Software Engineering awareness
- Led development of strategic technology direction and architecture vision for an organization
- Developed technology target state, roadmaps that aligned to Short- and Long-term business goals
- Proven track record of Influencing C-level leadership
- Insurance technology experience
- Strong grasp of value creation and business capability models
- Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Demonstrated ability to drive decisions
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Must be passionate about technology transformations
- Has hands on experience in the last 3 years
- Strong experience and expertise in the area of Data , Analytics and AI
- Experience leading information strategy for a large scale organization
- Current experience with AWS or other cloud platform
- Cloud Architecture Certification (AWS, GCP, or Azure) or strong architecture experience on Cloud
- Good understanding of security
- Experienced with large scale technology platforms
- Experience developing strategy to determining the solution's architecture, evaluating products and making key recommendations for the solutions
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.