Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$56,600.00 - $93,500.00
What Is the Opportunity?Under moderate supervision, creates and executes less complex internal communication plans to ensure the successful implementation of business initiatives. Partners with businesses, functions and project teams to implement internal communications initiatives that enhance and support business objectives and reinforce Travelers character and culture.
Travelers offer a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility. #LI-Hybrid
What Will You Do?
- Develop and deliver less complex internal communications materials.
- Provide writing, editing, and proofreading support to initiatives beyond assigned communication projects.
- Partner with business initiative and project teams to meet communications objectives and develop content.
- Partner with communications team to identify objectives for applications and coordinates development of content to meet defined objectives.
- Integrate strategic business key messages into internal communications.
- Demonstrate a working understanding of business strategies and build them into communications approaches and materials.
- Utilize communications expertise to ensure successful implementation of internal communications.
- Partner with project teams on communications delivery for assigned internal audiences, partnering.
- Adhere to internal communications best practices.
- Research subject matter to write requested communications.
- Adhere to enterprise approval processes, templates, and brand guidelines in communications materials.
- Contribute to measuring the effectiveness of internal communications through qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Typically 2-4 years of experience in communications or a related field.
- Working knowledge of communication concepts.
- Working knowledge of appropriate methods and techniques for communicating with multiple audiences.
- Intermediate verbal and written communications skills.
- Adobe Suite, Video Editing and PowerPoint presentation skills.
- Intermediate time management skills.
- Intermediate ability to edit and proof read quickly and accurately.
- Basic problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as a member of a team (on team assignments).
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's degree in in English, journalism, PR, communications or writing or minimum of 1 year of related communications experience.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.