Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$33,000.00 - $54,400.00
What Is the Opportunity?By joining the Travelers team as a Retention Sales Representative, you can look forward to a New Hire bonus of $1,000 after 3 months in your position. Additionally, to recognize your training and growth in the role, you will be awarded a milestone bonus of $1,500 after 9 months in your position. That's an additional $2,500!
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package starting day one!, and our driven sales teams, we know that Travelers can help you accomplish this conquest for a fulfilling career. Compensation includes an annual base pay starting at $38K, with an uncapped monthly sales incentive program. As part of your training, there will be dedicated time to prepare for your state licensing exam. If you pass on the 1st attempt and you obtain issue authority, you will be eligible for a $500 bonus to be paid after 90 days of employment.
* During the first 12 weeks of training, your schedule will generally be 10:00 AM.-7:00 PM. Eastern Time Monday-Friday.
* Following training, the schedule will remain the same.
* Following training, the position will support rotating Saturdays (1 every 5/6 week).
* Now accepting applications for our October 17th 2022 Class.
The Retention Sales Associate Trainee is specialized in providing information about our products in an easy and understandable way, as well as making recommendations on a product that best suits each existing customer via inbound telephone calls. Our collaborative work environment allows for all our Retention Sales Representatives to continuously develop themselves further to provide the absolute best customer service possible. In this role you will gain an understanding of our Personal Insurance (PI) products through our comprehensive training program making you an expert in Travelers Personal Insurance. In this role retention sales representatives need to have a relentless desire to succeed in their career and are motivated to help our customers find the plan they feel most comfortable with. With competitive compensation, great benefits starting day one and our driven sales teams, we know that Travelers can help you accomplish this conquest for a fulfilling career. As part of the hiring process, this position requires the completion of an online pre-employment assessment. Further information regarding the assessment including an accommodation process, if needed, will be provided at such time as your candidacy is deemed appropriate for further consideration. This job works under direct supervision and does not manage others.
What Will You Do?
- Successfully attain P&C or Personal Lines license as well as all required non-resident licenses.
- Successfully complete training curriculum.
- Obtain Issue Authority for all lines of business sold in PI.
- Represent Travelers in a positive manner while building customer rapport and provide a superior customer experience.
- Develops working product, underwriting and sales/customer service knowledge to counsel, retain, and sell available insurance products.
- Solicit all information necessary to produce quotes, retain the business and close sales.
- Learn to develop underwriting exposures and make pricing decisions or recommendations to Underwriter, as appropriate.
- Develops customer service, retention sales and systems skills, build knowledge of underwriting criteria and guidelines, and increase product knowledge.
- Takes inbound calls from existing Travelers customers and may make outbound calls, as appropriate.
- Understand the Travelers - retention sales workflow and areas of focus to add customer value. Will receive guidance from Senior Retention Associate or manager.
- Learn to demonstrate strong active listening skills to identify customer concerns or objections.
- Learn to handle objections professionally while clearly articulating relevant product and corporate features, benefits, and value to the consumer.
- Achieve and maintain the minimum required quality and underwriting metrics while consistently striving to improve.
- Receive and implement constructive feedback in the form of professional coaching.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Prior call center experience preferred.
- Sales, Retention and/or Customer Service experience preferred.
- Familiarity with Personal Insurance Products preferred.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Solid system navigation.
- Able to multi-task within a high-volume sales center environment.
- Ability to make appropriate business decisions quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic sales skills or aptitude.
- Strong math and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Property/Casualty Insurance License.
- Able to work flexible schedules including occasional nights and weekends.
- Adaptable to change.
- Desire to succeed with proven track record of success.
- Able to demonstrate decisive judgment, resiliency, and integrity.
- Positive and professional demeanor.
- Travelers is committed to a positive customer experience that exceeds expectations and to meeting all compliance requirements. As a result, Travelers requires that all Retention Sales Associates obtain and maintain an insurance license (either Property and Casualty or Personal Lines) in your resident state.
- In addition, a nonresident license is required for each state in which incumbent will be conducting business. Each state will evaluate any/all criminal and financial background incidents to determine license eligibility. Applicants with a felony conviction or pending/unresolved court cases may not qualify for licenses in all required states.
- It is incumbents' responsibility to provide any/all required court documents needed to obtain your license(s). Travelers does not pay for and/or reimburse the cost or time needed to obtain any documents necessary to complete licensing applications. Failure to pass the licensing exam within two attempts as well as the inability to obtain any required licenses within six (6) months from date of hire may result in termination of employment.
What is a Must Have?
- High school diploma or GED.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.