Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$96,600.00 - $159,500.00
What Is the Opportunity?Plans and coordinates learning support for business-critical initiatives of medium or large size and/or complexity. Represents Learning & Development function in all relevant project meetings with business stakeholders. In conjunction with enterprise-level and other business partners, responsible to develop and implement a learning analytics strategy, roadmap, and processes for learning activities across Personal Insurance to validate the business impact of learning activities and recommend resource focus/allocation. Also responsible for defining and implementing a learner experience capability to optimize the learner's experience of our learning activities, to ensure our activities are effective, efficient, and engaging. The incumbent will also assess current team processes, recommend improvements, and support or drive implementation of new ideas and best practices. This role may manage others.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary contact for Learning & Development team with business partners for long-term business projects requiring significant and sustained L&D support.
- Assesses learning support needs by collaboratively working with business partners to analyze needs and support medium- and long-term business projects.
- Plans, coordinates, oversees, and modifies L&D project actions and timelines with all business and external stakeholders to achieve business objectives.
- Develops and enhances business-wide learning analytics capabilities to ensure learning initiatives are effective, efficient, and engaging, and support business strategies.
- Develops and recommends or implements appropriate assessment/evaluation measures for learning activities.
- Works with peers and business partners to identify areas where common learning/evaluation solutions can be leveraged across businesses.
- Develops, recommends, monitors implementation of best practices for optimizing learner experience in all learning activities.
- Identifies and recommends opportunities to enhance business or team performance through new/improved learning activities.
- Identifies opportunities to investigate, pilot, and onboard new learning tools or technologies to increase effectiveness, efficiency, and engagement level of learning activities.
- Develops team goals and drive strategies to meet business objectives.
- Adheres to budget, ensuring cost effective methods are utilized and business learning needs are met.
- Manages the day-to-day work of direct reports.
- Responsible for providing consistent performance feedback and coaching to staff.
- Completes formal performance reviews for staff and other HR administrative tasks as needed.
- Minimum of five years of work experience in supported or related business operation or other learning and development experience.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree; or equivalent experience in adult learning techniques, customer service or management preferred.
- 6+ years of professional experience preferred.
- 2 years of management experience preferred.
- Professional training credentials preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Strong communication skills and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strategic thinker; ability to connect multiple streams into coherent whole/
- Self-directed, bias for action.
- Strong ability to influence and negotiate.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to provide leadership and guidance to staff.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel Occasionally
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.