Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$104,900.00 - $173,100.00
What Is the Opportunity?Directly manages a staff and oversees projects of a large size and complexity that have a business wide reach and scope. Is responsible for training activities and strategies for lines of business, organizations, business centers, product lines, or locations. May also have responsibility for maintaining external relationships. Supervises the analysis, design, development, and delivery of classroom, virtual, and blended learning curriculum to meet the technical and skill requirements of employees, vendors and business partners at various levels inside and possibly outside of the organization. The developed curriculum has a direct impact on business results. Develops short and long-term planning strategies that include creating distance learning and virtual training organizational capabilities that meets internal and external stakeholder expectations. Provides overall leadership and direction to a training team including coaching, mentoring and development. This role manages others and may be a manager of managers. STRONG Analytics background as well as Content Management/Knowledge Management.
What Will You Do?
- Manages the day-to-day work of direct reports.
- Assesses training needs by collaboratively working with client(s) at various levels of the organization to conduct needs analysis and support short and long-term business objectives through application of appropriate adult learning strategies, design, delivery, strategy, execution to support business needs. May also have responsibility for external relationships.
- As needed, designs, develops, and delivers comprehensive training strategy, programs, and curriculum, using the appropriate training methodology to meet training initiatives and enhance productivity for the business.
- Assesses, develops and designs short and long-term planning strategies and initiatives.
- Determines the best instructional methods for each training program or session.
- Develops strategies to ensure training initiatives are effective and in alignment with business strategy.
- Reviews results of training evaluations and recommend appropriate actions.
- Develops and manages budget for areas of responsibility, ensuring cost effective methods are utilized and business training needs are met.
- Identifies and deploys appropriate resources to meet client needs.
- Invests in vendor technology that will help to drive learning strategies. Manages these vendor relationships.
- Works with peers and business partners at various levels of the organization to identify areas where common training solutions can be leveraged across businesses.
- Responsible for providing consistent performance feedback and coaching to staff.
- Completes formal performance reviews for staff and other HR administrative tasks as needed.
- Develops team goals and drive strategies to meet business objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's degree; or equivalent experience in adult learning techniques, customer service or management preferred.
- 7+ years of professional experience preferred.
- 3 years of management experience preferred.
- Professional training credentials preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and presentation skills with the ability to communicate with and present to various levels of the organization.
- Advanced organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strategic thinker.
- Advanced ability to influence and negotiate at various levels of the organization. Also able to influence and negotiate with external parties, including customers, agents, and vendors to further the organizations strategic goals
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Expert design, development, and facilitation principles.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage projects with a wide scope with many stakeholders.
- Able to provide feedback and/or coaching to employees.
- Ability to provide leadership and guidance to staff.
- Ability to set clear objectives for staff.
What is a Must Have?
- Minimum of six years of work experience in supported or related business operation or other learning and development experience.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.