Claims Digital Product Owner - Chicago, IL
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary:
The Claims innovation team is responsible for the design and delivery of simple business processing, digital capability development and business model innovation enabling claim service model transformation to support a digital business operation. Partnering closely with Claim Technology Services/Allstate Technology and Data Science to assure best in class business capabilities that drive a differentiated performance and experience in the marketplace. The role resides within the claim business unit and is mission focused on transforming the existing claim business model to one that is digital first, efficient for employees and effortless for consumers in the personal lines and commercial insurance marketplaces.
The team is organized around business products and services where process solutions and innovative products are designed and delivered using agile methodology in close partnership with technology, data science and business experts. This job is responsible for the digital business strategy, design and delivery of business processes, employee facing digital capabilities and operating model innovations to fully enable the claim digital transformation platform.
The individual will develop architecture connecting business processes, functional data flows, and claim system applications. They will optimize the development and re-use of capabilities across systems and experiences while adhering to design principles, budgets, consumer, agency owner, and employee user experience. The individual works independently, prioritizes the individual's own responsibilities, and manages the individual's own workload. Teamwork, collaboration and accountability are at the heart of a healthy culture and behaviors this individual must participate in and possess.
This position will consist of work being performed in a collaborative office setting with teammates and time working remotely from your home. In office time is determined by the leader and team driven by the nature and need of work. This needs-based model for collaboration allows for great remote flexibility without a rigid regular schedule of in person worktime. This position is eligible for a monthly connectivity reimbursement to offset the costs of internet and phone expenses.
Product Ownership / Business Architecture
- Manages and engineers the design, build, and maintenance/enhancements of simple business processes and complex digital capabilities supporting the claim business model and insurance consumers
- Works with other Business and Technical Engineers along with business subject mater experts to ensure integration between processes and capabilities across system ecosystems
- Develops and maintains architectural governance and controls over design and implementation
- Partners and collaborates across areas of responsibilities, Allstate Technology Architecture and external vendors/partner to implement initiatives; influence others as needed to support team goals and initiatives
- Aids in informing the digital transformation roadmap development
- Operates at the capability-level, in support of broader platforms
- Develops functional data flow to ensure the efficacy of new capabilities
- Proactively engages with field stakeholder groups to collect insights and feedback to inform program design; accountable for prioritizing improvements and incorporating enhancements into program deliverables within the roadmap
- Owns the development and maintenance of program deliverables (e.g. process flows, presentations, reports, project updates)
- Collects and analyzes data and insights; leverage results to develop recommendations for improvement
- Informs budget and forecast for digital transformation and share economy portfolio
- Performs process development, improvement, rollout, and integration activities
- Responsible for optimizing process oversight with process agility
- Defines measures to ensure process compliance/adherence
- Influences business process design
- Designs, builds, and delivers business processes and technical capability solutions based upon design principles
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Manages, researches, and resolves highly complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
- Reviews customer satisfaction results; recommends, designs, and implements personal and business unit action plans
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred
- Strong claims knowledge and experience is desired
- Ability to interact effectively, and coach others on interacting effectively, with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Applies advanced knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Applies advanced knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Applies advanced industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Applies advanced knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Applies advanced knowledge of problem solving and preparation of complex reports for analysis
- Applies advanced ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Applies advanced negotiation and/or arbitration skills
- Applies advanced conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Applies advanced problem solving skills to continuously improve business outcomes
- Ability to assist leadership in achieving business unit objectives
- Provides advanced individual decision making within authority limits
- Works within complex assignments requiring specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in area of expertise
- Applies advanced skills related to business architecture
- Applies advanced skills related to process design, improvement, and integration
- Applies advanced functional integration skills in order to incorporate new capabilities and processes with existing Claims activities
- Ability to influence business process design and strategic direction
Compensation offered for this role is$80,500 - $136,300and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.