Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$121,800.00 - $200,900.00
What Is the Opportunity?Are you an experienced leader within the analytics community? Are you naturally curious when looking at data and have a high attention to detail? If so, the Enterprise Customer Experience team at Travelers is looking for a Director of Business Intelligence to join the team. This is an exciting new opportunity where you will become an expert on Customer Experience data within the Enterprise Customer Experience team. You will lead a team that creates new surveys, builds dashboards, analyzes data, sets up new data pipelines, and leverages your technical skills to simplify, improve, and automate processes. This ideal candidate would be someone who has a high attention to detail, has strong technical skills, is analytical minded, an effective leader, and loves to learn new things.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversees the building of new survey listening posts within the Qualtrics system and creates robust data visualization dashboards.
- Oversees the development and enhancement of analytic reports, scorecards and dashboards.
- Develops a thorough understanding of all data contained in multiple systems across Ops, Customer, and Digital.
- Perform data and analysis, assessment and resolution for defects and incidents of high complexity and correct as appropriate.
- Lead development of analytic data products, including pilots and proof of concepts.
- Execute data strategies with an understanding of enterprise architecture, consumption patterns, platforms and application infrastructure.
- Manage the operationalizing and automating of all capabilities to ensure secure, supported and scalable solutions.
- Present analysis and recommendations to help influence management decisions.
- Guide and coach team members to accelerate career development.
- Maintain relationships with partner teams to ensure needs are met and impacted areas plan work accordingly.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent training with data tools, techniques, and manipulation.
- Five years of data engineering or equivalent experience
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM related field or equivalent
- Five or more years of related experience
- Two or more years of management experience
- Advanced knowledge of data tools, techniques, and manipulation including cloud platforms, programming languages, and technology platforms. (SQL, SAS, Python, etc.)
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.