Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$35,000.00 - $57,700.00
What Is the Opportunity?This position is responsible for identifying and labeling incoming mail (paper and electronic) to ensure they are accurately named and placed in the correct legal file for easy retrieval by the intended recipient. Also, based on the content of the mail, this position adds key information to our Litigation Management Application such as calendar dates and key tasks so all required actions will be taken in a timely manner.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare, scan physical mail
- Identifies type of mail and naming conventions, identifies the litigation matter to which the mail pertains, following guidance and procedures, using contacts within legal offices for difficult to identify documents.
- Finds and opens the appropriate matter in the Legal Matter Application, enters the required identifying information, and uploads the document to the file.
- Enters all related calendar events, as applicable. Recognizes different types of events including meetings, conferences, appearances, inspections, etc.
- Enters all tasks required, as applicable.
- Uses reference guides and training materials to independently find answers to procedural questions.
- Uses Subject Matter Experts effectively and judiciously.
- Applies rush procedures if required to avoid missing deadlines.
- Retrieves original documents, for approved exceptions, and forwards to the appropriate law office.
- High School Degree or GED required.
- A minimum of 1-2 years office clerical experience required.
- Proficient in use of email, MS Office, internet search engines, and other software/applications required.
- Ability to research and handle unique or exception processes required
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Some general legal training and ability to recognize legal documents from multiple states/jurisdictions. Basic
- Ability to use a complex litigation management application with many functions and screens.
- Ability to apply complex procedures and naming conventions thoroughly and accurately. Intermediate
- Ability to manage repetitive tasks quickly and with a high level of accuracy. Basic
- Ability to spend the majority of the day looking at a computer monitor. Basic
- Ability to read and follow written procedures. Basic
- Ability to identify when an urgent issue exists and act accordingly. Basic
- Intermediate attention to detail and accuracy.
- Intermediate organizational skills.
- Intermediate research and problem solving skills.
- Intermediate computer navigation skills and keyboard skills.
- Intermediate prioritization skills and judgment.
- Intermediate communication and teamwork skills.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Operates standard office equipment (frequently)
- Sitting (can stand at will) (continuously)
- Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key (continuously)
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.