Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$88,200.00 - $145,500.00
What Is the Opportunity?Are you passionate about technology, analytics, and learning? Join a dynamic team of learning professionals leading and engaged in key strategic learning initiatives to advance our Tech and Analytics strategic priorities. Lead upskilling efforts in areas like Cloud/AWS, Agile, Software Engineering Excellence and Engineering bootcamps to name a few. As part of our team you will be empowered to lead efforts and have a significant impact to the entire Technology and Analytics organizations.
Under general supervision, and on projects of broad scope and complexity: Works collaboratively with peers, management and internal clients at all levels of the organization to conduct needs analysis. Identifies the best ways to support and influence short and long-term business objectives through blended adult learning strategies. Evaluates current processes, and recommends and drives improvements. Identifies, develops, designs and delivers live, virtual, multimedia or blended learning programs. Provides an optimal learning experience that meets the technical and skill requirements of employees and business partners. Owns the life cycle of learning programs/curricula for multiple learning programs across the technology organization and multiple locations. Closely aligns with key strategies. Supports less experienced learning professionals.
This position may be based 100% remotely or in one of our offices. #LI-Remote
There may be some occasional travel required.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads efforts to assess and develop long-term learning strategies and initiatives for identified needs.
- Identifies opportunities, and develops and implements strategies for broad, systemic learning solutions.
- Designs, develops and delivers programs/curriculum to meet learning initiatives and deliver business results.
- Proactively develops appropriate measures to ensure learning initiatives are effective and in alignment with business strategy.
- Evaluates the results of learning, determines effectiveness and implements appropriate alternatives.
- May manage budget and expenses for one or more lines of business or programs. Ensures all learning solutions are cost effective.
- Identifies and aligns appropriate resources to meet client needs.
- Evaluates and recommends vendors as required; may establish or manage vendor relationship.
- Works with peers to identify areas where common learning solutions can be leveraged across businesses.
- In addition to the above, may:
- -Develop train-the-trainer tools and modules to prepare subject matter experts to deliver programs.
- -Design, develop and maintain effective learning materials incorporating adult learning best practices.
- -Deliver live, virtual, multimedia and/or blended learning curriculum to meet the technical and skill requirements of employees and business partners in at least one line of business and/or specialty.
- -Maintain records and reports of learning activities.
- -Develop and coordinate training calendar for designated locations.
- Minimum of 6 years of equivalent experience in respective business operation or other learning and development related experience.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- College degree or equivalent experience in adult or workplace learning techniques and practices.
- Typically more than 8 years of professional experience.
- Professional learning and development credentials preferred.
- Experience with all aspects of learning solution development preferred.
- Experience with eLearning tools and/or other learning technology preferred, including Degreed, Workday Learning, Pluralsight and design tools.
- Experience managing a portfolio of projects preferred.
- Coaching/mentoring experience preferred.
- Excellent PC skills including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to establish and achieve goals in a matrix environment.
- Organizational and project management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Forward thinker.
- Strong ability to influence and build support for ideas.
- Research skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Strong Needs Analysis and Performance Analysis Skills.
- Mastery of Design, Development, and Delivery principles.
- Ability to provide metrics and learning insights.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.