Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$103,600.00 - $170,900.00
What Is the Opportunity?InsuraMatch is an independent agency company, owned by Travelers Insurance, that uses an innovative online platform to help consumers compare offerings from more than 40 carriers across the United States. With a focus on personal insurance, InsuraMatch offers coverage for auto, home, boat, motorcycle, renters, umbrella, and flood, among others. InsuraMatch operates independently and manages all carrier partnerships.
Opportunity to join a small, insurtech team as its primary database engineer. InsuraMatch is seeking database talent to join its dynamic innovative team. You will be reporting directly to the InsuraMatch CTO, where you will lead the support, management, and administration of its data infrastructure. This role will leverage your experience, knowledge, and skills to work directly with the development, data science, and sales teams supporting the day-to-day operations and strategic initiatives of InsuraMatch. In your position, should expect to immediately take accountability and assume responsibility for the operational level design and development of all databases underpinning the InsuraMatch business. In this role, you must have 'hands-on' capability to implement and manage all systems. You will participate in all projects from conception to specification to operations and building with innovative, cost-effective, scalable solutions. InsuraMatch provides an innovative platform enabling consumers compare offerings from more than 40 carriers across the United States. With a focus on personal insurance, InsuraMatch offers coverage for auto, home, boat, motorcycle, renters, umbrella, and flood, among others. This position may be based 100% remotely or in one of our offices
What Will You Do?
- Will be the primary administrator and support engineer for all InsuraMatch database systems.
- Will support application development through the production lifecycle.
- Create, maintain, and improve documentation in order to minimize institutional / tribal knowledge.
- Implement operational tools to determine performance and availability problems.
- Evaluates systems specifications regarding customer requirements, transforming business specifications into cost-effective, technically correct database solutions.
- Prioritizes work and manages projects within established budget objectives and customer priorities.
- Responsible for establishing and managing to quality control and security protocols relative to database security.
- Provides the division, department and business area management with timely and accurate information regarding the status and performance of the assigned project(s).
- Advocates the use of database technology to develop and/or redesign business applications.
- Builds, leverages, and maintains effective alliances across technical and business community.
- Facilitates interactions with customers to achieve efficient, effective results with respect to database development and enhancement.
- Results are reviewed with next level manager for clarification and direction before proceeding.
- This job may manage or lead others.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelors degree preferred in in Technology or a similar field (or equivalent experience).
- Technical Knowledge:
- Expertise in relational and unstructured data management technologies
- Expertise in data security at rest and in transit
- Expertise in data-lake and data-warehouse implementation and oversight
- Expertise in AWS, Azure administrator
- Expertise in schema and key/attribute design
- Experience in data governance policy and procedure development and management
- Industry experience in data retention and archive management
- Knowledge of PII and PCI data management and reporting requirements
- MySQL, MariaDB , DynamoDB, Redis knowledge preferred over SQL Sever
- Must enjoy working in cross-organizational, collaborative environment
- Must enjoy startup culture with limited resources and aggressive schedules
- Willing to work outside job scope to support the needs to organization
- Comfortable in a subsidiary role to a parent corporation
What is a Must Have?
- 5 years experience in technology.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.