Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$122,600.00 - $202,400.00
What Is the Opportunity?Disruption always comes with a silver lining of opportunity. Innovation is thrusted to the forefront to reimagining our value propositions to not only find effective ways to provide resilience but also performing and transforming in these uncertain times. Our Innovation team is the focal point in this venture focused on forging strategic partnerships to develop and evaluate emerging technologies and assess the impact or opportunity on business capabilities. We provide a value proposition unique to the organization in our ability to conduct sophisticated evaluations with emerging technologies to identify business opportunities and value assessments with data and analytics.
Our fast-expanding Business Insurance Innovation portfolio is currently looking for a strong leader that can play the role of a Product Owner to drive our innovation agenda. The position will embrace a product mindset and apply strong influencing and design thinking skills to conceptualize innovative customer centric solutions and help deliver best in class cloud analytics capabilities to exploit data to create new and/or improve existing business value. This role calls for a player coach that can mentor and lead a team of high performing product owners to help scale our innovation efforts. If you're passionate about combining your talents with ours to tame this frontier, we'd like to hear from you.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
What Will You Do?
- Provide leadership and product ownership to teams and manage multiple innovation opportunities.
- Establish and build relationships across the organization, with our strategic partners and business customers for tighter alignment of Innovation objectives to Market & Business strategies.
- Perform current state assessments, facilitating discussions with various customers and Data & Analytic partners to understand the needs and gaps to define future state by leveraging emerging capabilities and/or additional data enrichment or augmentation.
- Apply data & analytic and technical skills to conduct Data Profiling, Gap Analysis, Data Visualization and document detailed data and process flow to define and test hypotheses, explore, and evaluate data and recommend applicable solutions.
- Lead learning agenda driven experiments to develop the necessary features for the information product and establishing the framework necessary to produce a shrink wrap solution to demonstrate business value and innovation outcomes
- Influence decisions and priorities by demonstrating business value and alignment to business outcomes.
- With minimal direction, candidate would need to deliver on objectives for the Analytic Innovation group, course correcting where needed ensuring alignment with strategic imperatives.
- Understand consumption patterns, personas, and partner closely with solution architecture function and business capability teams to recommend data consumption solutions.
- Be the player coach to mentor product owner team and help guide development opportunities to align career goals and strengthen organization skillset and footprint.
- Support an Agile construct, work with cross functional teams to define Epics, Features and User Stories to execute on the recommended solutions.
- Be a change agent that can look at problems differently, partner with innovation execution team to apply emerging technologies reimagine scalable solutions.
- Proactively monitor benefit realization and performance metrics to look for continuous improvement opportunities to maintain and/or improve business value.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- 5+ years of Product Management experience in the Data & Analytics domain
- Proven experience in working creatively and analytically in a continuously evolving environment.
- Exhibits high levels of learning agility in which they seek out and learn from unfamiliar experiences and then apply those lessons to succeed in the next new situation.
- Ability to leverage business knowledge to determine approaches to execution.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability present and translate complex information to leadership and non-technical teams in relevant business terms.
- Uses effective listening skills and communication to build relationships across the organization.
- Ability to Influence with experience working with matrixed staff to complete tasks in a timely manner.
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and 5 years analytics experience required.
- One year of technical team project leadership or people management required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.