Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$109,000.00 - $179,800.00
What Is the Opportunity?The Investment Analyst will serve as an integral member of the Alternative Investments team working collaboratively with the Co-Chief Investment Officer and others to manage and execute multiple aspects of the investment process. This role is responsible for applying financial, qualitative and quantitative analysis related to investment strategies focused on hedge funds, private equity, venture capital and other alternative asset classes.
What Will You Do?
- Review existing and potential investment opportunities and initiate recommendations for selection and/or termination as appropriate. Complete analytical reviews to evaluate the relative performance of each investment.
- Maintain current knowledge of global capital markets and macro/microeconomic conditions to best determine how these conditions impact or present opportunities for the portfolio.
- Manage the investment process including selecting strategies, performing due diligence, documenting review and continually evaluating portfolio performance and risk.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with internal team members and key external contacts to stay abreast of timely investment information and opportunities.
- Demonstrate a solid working knowledge of industry/asset class/collateral and commonly utilized performance metrics as well as historical, current, political, regulatory and legal environment factors impacting outlook.
- Manage documentation in support of recommendations made and maintain adequate sources of information on which to base analysis and recommendations.
- Serve as a resource to other members of the alternative investments team providing investments research support as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- MBA or MS in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Mathematical Sciences, Engineering, Business, Data Analytics or related focus of study strongly preferred.
- 7+ years of institutional investment management experience, within the Alternative Investments space preferably.
- Experience investing across asset classes especially alternative asset classes including hedge funds, private equity, and venture capital.
- Ability to conduct investment research with minimal direction.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to defend investment recommendations and opinions to influence portfolio outcomes.
- Valuation discipline, knowledge of accounting methodologies and ability to evaluate capital allocation decisions.
- Remain current regarding market, political and economic developments and relate this information to investment research.
- Extensive financial modeling skills.
- Strong attention to detail and highly analytical.
- Strong knowledge of quantitative techniques and risk management.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Experience utilizing investment related analytical tools such as Bloomberg, FactSet, BARRA, or Thomson-Reuters.
- Strong knowledge Microsoft Office Suite - Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Chartered Financial Analyst Designation (CFA) or Chartered Alternative Investments Analyst (CAIA) strongly preferred.
What is a Must Have?
- Minimum of 5 years of institutional investment management experience required.
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Mathematical Sciences, Engineering, Business or related focus of study is required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.