Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$59,400.00 - $97,900.00
What Is the Opportunity?Under moderate supervision, participate in audits and compliance reviews of various company business functions. Identify risks and controls, execute specific testing procedures, and document results and conclusions reached. Follow department methodology and assist in development of written issues and recommendations for the business. This job does not manage others.
What Will You Do?
- Participates in audits and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance reviews of various company business functions, incorporating an understanding of business processes, risk assessment techniques, GAAP and statutory accounting principles, and generally accepted auditing standards.
- Identifies risks and tests controls associated with financial integrity, operational effectiveness, compliance with rules and regulations, and systems and data integrity.
- Develops and executes specific testing procedures and documents test results for assigned sections of audits/projects.
- Analyzes findings and test results and arrives at sound fact-based conclusions and appropriate recommendations for problem areas noted.
- Prepares documentation in adherence to internal audit professional standards, best practices and Corporate Audit's methodology.
- Contributes to the preparation of issues and findings including recommendations for improvement.
- Consistently adheres to internal audit professional standards, best practices and Corporate Audit's methodology.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- 2+ years of work experience in either audit or property casualty business.
- Working knowledge of risk assessment, accounting, and auditing principles.
- Technical Competence:
- Introductory understanding of the relationships between financial, operational and technology risks and controls, as well as the insurance industry.
- Basic knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Basic understanding of the audit cycle, universe, plan and schedule, including business monitoring and SOX validation.
- Advanced skills with commonly used office software including: MS Office, email and the internet.
- Ability to leverage CAATs to improve audit test efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Ability to plan ahead and organize tasks, manage time well, be on time and be cost conscious.
- Ability to receive feedback, willingness to learn and ability to embrace continuous improvement.
- Ability to demonstrate effective verbal, written and listening communication skills.
- Ability to articulate messages to business management through formal and informal presentations.
- Ability to document clear and concise work papers.
- Build Relationships:
- Ability to build productive working relationships with co-workers, business management and external parties.
- Ability to collaborate in situations when actions are interdependent and a team is mutually responsible to produce a result.
- Maintains smooth, effective working relationships; promotes effective teamwork.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor.
What is a Must Have?
- BA/BS in business-related field.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.