Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$101,400.00 - $167,400.00
What Is the Opportunity?Travelers is seeking an experienced Digital Marketing Analytics Director to analyze the effectiveness of digital and content marketing strategies that raise relevant awareness with target audiences, deepen engagement with valuable content and increase preference and demand for Traveler's products utilizing an appropriate mix of analytical, statistical, machine learning tools. S/he will quantify the impact of marketing channels (e.g. paid, email, social, etc.) while also utilizing advanced data science and statistical modeling techniques (e.g. marketing mix modeling) to understand the impact of media on lower-funnel metrics where appropriate. These techniques will also inform the media team on targeting and segmentation opportunities that improve marketing efficiency.
The Marketing Analytics Director collaborates with functional business leaders across all business units, including Personal Insurance, Business Insurance and Bond & Specialty Insurance, to develop and share data-driven insights. This includes partnering with business unit data and sales teams to connect marketing efforts to sales impact as well as creating reports and self-service dashboards that tie back to measurement models that the Marketing Analytics Director designs based on business priorities.
The successful candidate will also collaborate with other functional areas (e.g. email channel leads) to improve data quality and build out the analytics practice to cover more areas of the business, such as field marketing.
This position may be based 100% remotely or in one of our offices. #LI-Remote
What Will You Do?
Develop and execute analytic strategies to measure campaign performance and marketing attribution across all channels, including but not limited to digital advertising, social, email, mobile, web and sales enablement.
- Collaboratively work with marketing and business-unit leaders to understand their goals and address them through consistent measurement models, key performance indicators (KPIs) and benchmarks that seek to quantify the impact of content and marketing on engagement, acquisition, and retention.
- Utilize modeling techniques to understand the impact of media and other marketing techniques on preference and demand for Travelers as well as lower-funnel sales impacts-including channel attribution.
- Leverage analytics platforms (e.g. Google Analytics) and dashboarding technologies (e.g. Salesforce Datorama) to communicate results with stakeholders in marketing as well as other functions (e.g. sales, product, executive teams, etc.) through a variety of reports (e.g. weekly, monthly, one-off campaign analyses, etc.) that provide actionable recommendations.
- Partner with other analytics teams and assist in co-creating a vision for an integrated best-practices approach to marketing analytics that maximizes consistency in the collection of data (e.g. tagging) and approach to analysis across business units and functions.
- Partner with data, finance and IT resources to help with 'build vs. buy' capability decisions, accurate tagging, data hygiene and martech stack strategy based on key industry trends.
- Provide key inputs to marketing leaders to support marketing budget investment decisions based on expected business value.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years of descriptive analytics or related field, 6 years preferred.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, finance, computer science, statistics, MIS or equivalent required. Master's Degree preferred.
- Proven professional track record of developing and communicating analyses via presentations, business intelligence tools (e.g. Datorama, Tableau, QlikView, Microstrategy, etc.).
- At least one year of technical team project leadership or people management experience preferred.
Job Specific and Technical Skills and Competencies
- Ability to recognize and interpret performance marketing trends in digital channels, then translate the findings to key learnings that clearly articulate progress against goals.
- Strong skills in statistical modeling, including regression and machine learning; an understanding of marketing mix modeling and/or multi-touch attribution is a plus.
- Ability to program in Python, is preferred, while R, SAS and SQL are a plus.
- Experience with leading web analytics platforms (e.g. Google Analytics) is preferred.
- Strong familiarity with email marketing analytics and related modeling, including familiarity with Salesforce Marketing Cloud, is preferred.
- Advanced presentation (PowerPoint) skills with impeccable verbal and written communication to translate complex analytical concepts effectively to a business audience.
- Passion for interpreting data, intellectual curiosity to learn new techniques, as well as leading and inspiring others to take advantage of analytical best practices to understand the impact of marketing on both business and customer experience is essential.
- Thorough knowledge of Descriptive Analytic practices and processes. General knowledge of insurance products/concepts preferred.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.