Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The hourly salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual hourly rate for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$21.00 - $22.00
What Is the Opportunity?The goal of the Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP) internship is to attract and develop self-motivated individuals who are highly skilled and passionate about a career in Finance and Accounting while providing a foundation for future success within the organization. As a FLDP intern, you will be exposed to a challenging professional work experience in Accounting and Finance along with a robust learning and development curriculum. With many company-wide events such as Intern Symposium and community outreach events, you will have the opportunity to interact and network with your peers, teams and many levels of leadership and management.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
What Will You Do?
- The internship offers real world experience within the finance-discipline via a specific assignment in one of the areas below:
- Accounting, Controllership
- Auditing and Controls
- Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Financial planning & analysis
- Financial reporting and modeling
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater.
- Eligible for full-time hire within 1 year of completion of the internship.
- Willingness to relocate to Hartford, CT or St. Paul, MN preferred.
- Accountability: Strong track record of taking ownership and responsibility for actions and outcomes, performance, and results.
- Analytical and Critical Thinking: Demonstrated aptitude in identifying current or future problems or opportunities, analyzing data, synthesizing and comparing information to understand issues, identifying cause/effect relationships and exploring alternative solutions to support sound decision making.
- Change Management/Resilience: Ability to remain energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands.
- Customer Focus: Proven customer service skills with the ability to provide service excellence to internal or external clients.
- Emotional Intelligence: Demonstrated track record of self and social awareness, empathy and balances confidence with humility.
- Financial, Business and Technical Acumen - Understands and applies financial management and/or accounting principles and utilizes financial and analytical tools to enable efficient business decision making.
- Interpersonal: Excellent communication skills with the ability to actively engage with others while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Judgment/Decision Making: Capability of exercising sound judgment, making decisions and committing to a position.
- Leveraging Differences: Proven capacity to works with and include people from different backgrounds, experiences, cultures, races, etc. and view those differences as assets to be leveraged to accomplish business goals and objectives.
- Relationship Management: Strong relationship management skills including the ability to seek out, build, foster and maintain productive relationships, networks or alliances to meet goals and achieve results.
- Teamwork: Ability to work together in situations when actions are interdependent, and a team is mutually responsible to produce a result.
- Work Ethic: Possession of a strong drive to do what it takes to get the job done; inquisitive and demonstrates a strong willingness to learn.
What is a Must Have?
- Obtained or pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in Accounting, Finance or business-related field with plans to graduate within 1 year of internship required.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States now and in the future.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.