Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$143,000.00 - $235,900.00
What Is the Opportunity?Collaborative Environment, Transformational Projects, and a Growing Team!
As a member of Enterprise Architecture and Emerging Technology, you'll be joining a strategic and collaborative team that is passionate about transforming our business and technology capabilities and paving the way for best-in-class solutions.
As a Lead Architect you will lead a Tech R&D practice area for Emerging Tech and you will collaborate with senior Technology and Business leaders and apply your knowledge of modern technology to influence and innovate solutions that impact the business. In this role we will look to you to:
What Will You Do?
Lead your practice area for Emerging Tech. You will work across the organization to identify, test and share technologies to move our capabilities forward for Travelers.
You will expertise in one or more of the following: AI/ML, Cloud Enablement, Cybersecurity.
Understand business needs and apply AI/ Machine Learning to build cutting-edge models to solve for real-world problems while creating an exceptional customer and user experience.
Analyze/interpret data, draw business inferences and clearly articulate findings for target audience.
Proactively stay abreast of industry, developments, changing trends and jurisdictional issues.
Lead advanced research projects that drive the practice of Analytics forward for Travelers.
Present analysis and recommendations to target audience.
Partner with Data Scientists and Data Engineers to lead in-depth efforts in applying, validating and implementing predictive models.
Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners.
Attend various seminars and conference as appropriate.
Work with the Senior leadership within Technology and Analytics areas to develop research and experimentation priorities and direction to enable business imperatives.
Display strong thought leadership in pursuit of modern architecture principals and technology modernization.
Drive continuous technology transformation to minimize technical debt.
Create a partnership with Senior Software Engineering and Analytics leadership.
Look for opportunities to capitalize on technology advances through analysis of key industry and technology trends to assess potential impact on the enterprise.
Defines and leads technology proof of concepts to ensure feasibility of architecture solutions.
Hands-on prototyping of new technology solutions.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
Advanced Degree in technology related field or equivalent with 7+ years of technology architecture experience
5+ years delivering high Impact ML/Analytics solutions
Provided mentorship to architecture leaders
Organizational and transformational Leadership Experience in an agile operating model
Establishes strategic technology direction and architecture vision for an organization
Expert level Software Engineering experience
Proven track record of Influencing C-level leadership
Insurance technology experience
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
If Cyber: CISSP, CISM, Security+, CISA or equivalent Cybersecurity certification preferred
Must be passionate about technology transformations
Has hands on experience in the last 3 years
Executed technology modernization initiatives including migration to cloud native and API Strategy
Current experience with AWS, APIs, accelerators, DevSecOps
Cloud Architecture Certification (AWS, GCP, or Azure) or strong architecture experience on Cloud
Good understanding of security
Experienced with large scale technology platforms
What is a Must Have?
Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in work experience
Eight years of experience in enterprise, application, information architecture and/or Emerging Technologies within a line of business or enterprise area
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.