Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$117,500.00 - $193,900.00
What Is the Opportunity?Travelers Personal Insurance is looking for an Accessibility Director who is passionate about helping teams create inclusive experiences that are accessible to all customers, including customers with disabilities.
This role works closely with product, design, and development teams, enabling them to create and deliver products that meet the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). They create and run accessibility training programs, establish the organization's standards, audit existing experiences against these standards, work with teams to prioritize accessibility improvements, and empower teams with tools to test their work for accessibility. The ideal candidate is an accessibility subject-matter expert, and serves as a guide to the rest of the organization, creating and empowering accessibility champions.
As part of a growing team of XD professionals, they play a strategic role in the organization and in expanding the impact of Experience Design in Personal Insurance.
What Will You Do?
- Improve awareness and understanding of why accessibility matters and the needs of customers with disabilities.
- Continuously advocate for accessibility, encouraging product teams to prioritize accessibility improvements and build for all customers.
- Work together with design, product, development, content strategy, research and others to develop the organization's processes around accessibility and integrate accessibility into each team's workflow.
- Educate cross-functional teams in how to integrate accessibility best practices.
- Monitor the delivery of new experiences to market, ensuring that accessibility best practices were used and the solution is one that meets our organizational standards
- Be a subject-matter expert for teams seeking answers, direction, or advice on accessibility.
- Establish and manage relationships with vendors and third-party tools to help with assessing experience quality, identifying defects, training teams, and providing implementation support.
- Oversee and report on accessibility progress (including the current state of compliance of each digital experience) to senior leadership on a regular basis.
- Stay current with emerging standards and technologies and work with teams to analyze the impacts to the company's standards.
- Develop and manage educational documentation and resources to help teams create accessible experiences.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Experience in a related field, such as HCI, VCD, Service Design, Anthropology, etc.
- Ten years of related experience.
- Two years of leadership experience (formal management or other).
- Advanced knowledge of most areas, expert level knowledge and application of three or more, and the ability to teach others at a basic level:
- Design research
- Information architecture
- Interaction design
- Visual design
- Content design (strategy, writing, editing for interaction)
- Information design
- Service design
- Presentation and communication
- Collaboration and facilitation
- Design strategy
- Usability testing
- Data analysis
- Design systems
- SalesForce Sales, Lightning Design system, B2B and application design
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in work experience.
- Eight years of related experience.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.