Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$34,400.00 - $56,800.00
What Is the Opportunity?Assign Auto Physical Damage claims to appropriate field appraisers and independents including Mendota and Legacy St Paul claims. Coordinate and monitor appraiser activities to ensure prompt inspections and maximization of appraisal resources. As part of the hiring process, this position requires the completion of an online pre-employment assessment. Further information regarding the assessment including an accommodation process, if needed, will be provided at such time as your candidacy is deemed appropriate for further consideration.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
What Will You Do?
- Assign Auto Physical Damage claims (CL and PL) to appropriate field appraisers and.
- independents including Mendota and Legacy St Paul claims.
- Proactively follow-up on pending appraisals for assignment, upload and/or status. Maintain.
- contact with and track appraisers throughout the day. Coordinate activities i.e., scheduling,
- alerting/assigning them to new assignments in a given territory etc. Balance daily workloads and.
- shift resources as necessary to achieve optimal productivity.
- Manage assignments within dedicated territories, including Independent Appraisers (IA). Ensure.
- compliance with claim strategies.
- Accurately input information into claim system.
- Consistently provide superior customer service to internal and external customers.
- Direct information in real-time to appropriate system or staff.
- Identify opportunities to remap/realign territories to be more effective and communicate proposal.
- to local leadership.
- Document changes to assignments in file notes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Associates Degree or Bachelors Degree with 2 years of work and/or customer service related experience preferred.
- Some claim experience preferred
- Strong communications skills
- Must have strong keyboard skills and PC experience in Windows environments, including Microsoft Word, Excel, e-mail, Web-enabled applications, and database software.
- Strong customer focus.
- Strong communication and telephone skills. Must be able to communicate both orally and in writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Solid organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize, problem solve, manage multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Strong detail orientation.
- Ability to determine geographic locations, including map reading ability.
- Must be a self starter with ability to work well as part of a team and independently.
- Ability to negotiate and manage effectively with conflict.
- Flexibility and willingness to participate in a rotating shift to include day into early evening hours with some weekend hours.
- Demonstrated sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
What is a Must Have?
- High School Diploma or GED with one year of work or customer service related experience OR Bachelor's Degree required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.