Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$95,800.00 - $158,000.00
What Is the Opportunity?The Identity and Access Management team within Infrastructure & Cloud Services (ICS) at Travelers has an exciting opportunity for experienced security engineer to work with a team of dedicated and highly motivated security engineers as we move into the Cloud with Okta. We focus on delivering quality to our business customers with stable, reliable, and high performing security solutions and services. We take a team approach in everything we do from design to delivery.
Under limited supervision, Consulting Technology Engineer demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of the activities performed related to engineering support, installation and/or operations of infrastructure technologies. Plans at a tactical level and manages the effective use of technology resources for assigned projects and functions. May direct assigned project staff to design, develop and/or implement large, complex technology solutions supporting one or more business and/or technology area. Develops and implements appropriate solutions that may involve multiple platforms, databases, software/hardware technologies and tools. Facilitates and/or participates in the design and development of database systems. Successful candidate will bring strong ability to multi-task in an environment of constantly changing priorities.
What Will You Do?
- Perform as an experienced Okta subject matter expert (SME) for all activities related to our Okta implementation including direct engineering and administrative support of our tenants, provisioning of application security, troubleshooting and remediation of Okta-related issues and consultation and collaboration with other development groups to assist with applications changes to support OIDC.
- Design, code and implement automation to enhance and streamline the administration, support, and maintenance of our Okta implementation.
- Other opportunities include collaboration with Travelers architect teams to recommend security patterns, helping to plan and design the use of the Okta product for the future, interfacing with appropriate customers, management, and technical resources.
- Prioritize work and assist as necessary with the management of projects within established budget objectives and customer priorities.
- Responsible for adhering to established quality control and security protocols.
- Provide the division, department, and technical area management with timely and accurate information regarding the status and performance of the assigned project(s).
- Build, leverage, and maintain effective alliances across Travelers technical and business communities.
- Interact with customers to achieve efficient, effective results.
- Multi-task and prioritize all work activities in accordance with business priorities and production availability requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- 3 - 5 years experience with Okta preferred. Certified Okta Consultant or Certified Okta Developer strongly preferred.
- 1 - 2 years practical experience with either C# or VB .NET, strongly preferred
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, strongly preferred
- 3+ years general experience with Cloud technologies strongly preferred. AWS experience preferred.
- 3 - 5 years experience with Python preferred
- Experience providing SME-level technical direction to project teams preferred.
- Working knowledge of infrastructure technologies such as Network, Database, Server, Storage etc. preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of one or more of the following four technical skills:
- Foundational IT Infrastructure
- Operating Systems
- Knowledge of process discipline and IDLC methodology
What is a Must Have?
A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or its equivalent in work experience required
Three years of experience in Technology required
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.