Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$96,400.00 - $159,100.00
What Is the Opportunity?The Director of Information Delivery is a team leader within the organization responsible for directly leading an execution team for assigned customer relationships, partnering with business intelligence peers to deliver solutions from Data Discovery to Business Intelligence application development. Candidates will have a working knowledge of insurance operations and core functions.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
What Will You Do?
- Position is responsible for supporting Data migration projects, Advance Analytics POCs and Business Intelligence tool stacks, primarily MicroStrategy and ThoughtSpot.
- Expertise in creating Analytics frameworks on Cloud platforms (AWS, Snowflake) using tools like MicroStrategy, ThoughtSpot etc
- Work closely with Data Migration team to define the requirements for Data migration to Cloud
- Be able to operate independently to provide quality work products; perform varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgement
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills
- Responsible for the production process and support for Information Delivery assets.
- Assists in the development of the strategic plan for Information Delivery including identification appropriate infrastructures, tools and performance requirements.
- Develop an understanding of all data contained
- Business Discovery:
- Responsible for the development of guidelines and recommends best practices to mitigate defects and ensure data quality.
- Oversees the translation of business requirements into technical requirements for enhancements and info delivery solutions.
- Performs analysis of complex and unfamiliar data sources to determine value and use. Determines and recommends data to include in info delivery projects.
- Utilize a rapid prototyping methodology to perform complex ad-hoc analysis to find solutions to business inquiries.
- Data Visualization:
- Operationalize and automates complex data products independently.
- Develops and enhances analytic reports, scorecards and dashboards. Provides support for the implementation.
- Drives recommendations of key performance indicators.
- Data Culture:
- Occasionally presents and translates complex information in relevant business terms.
- Ensures business and data users are properly trained on data products/analytic environment.
- Incorporates core data management competencies into decision making (e.g. data governance, data security, data quality).
- Develop and own project timelines and plans for assigned projects
- Integrates work efforts within respective team portfolios.
- Provides leadership by assigning work based on priorities and coaching / mentoring team members.
- Ability to work well and build consensus among a diverse group of stakeholders
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Technical Knowledge:
- Advanced knowledge of data and visualization tools (examples but not limited to):
- Visualization Platforms: MicroStrategy, QlikView, Qlik Sense, Power BI, Tableau, D3 Visualizations.
- Programming languages: SQL, SAS, R, Python, Spark, HiveQL
- Database Platforms: SQL Server (SSIS, SSRS), Teradata, Hadoop, AWS.
- MS Office Suite with advanced knowledge of Excel.
- 9 years of general business experience.
- 8 years experience working with MS Office Suite with advanced knowledge of Excel
- 8 years experience coding SQL
- Communication Skills:
- Ability to communicate thoughts/designs/ideas in an unambiguous manner and adjusts communication based on audience.
- Exhibits active and effective communication skills with team members - including active listening and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Effectively contributes and communicates with the immediate team, business partners and functional partners.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making:
- Able to proficiently diagnose root causes and solve complex problems.
- Able to evaluate alternative solutions and assess risk before taking action.
- Has the ability to reach sound decisions quickly and escalates appropriately.
- Demonstrates ability to optimize the use of all available resources.
- Often consulted by team members for problem resolution and guidance.
- Relationship Management:
- Able to maintain and enhance partnerships across the organization to achieve objectives.
- Practices objectivity and openness to others' views.
- Able to develop business partnerships and influence business priorities through solution identification aligned with business objectives and goals.
- Planning and Project Management:
- Demonstrates ability to identify critical project tasks and establish clear priorities while keeping the bigger picture in mind.
- Effectively communicates risks, issues and escalates appropriately.
- Able to assess the financial impact of recommended designs/solutions.
- Accountable to set goals, objectives and priorities for self and other team members.
- Exhibits team leadership and collaborates with partners.
- Responsible for providing feedback and/or coaching.
- Collaborates across the Enterprise and participates in pipeline talent programs.
- Builds consensus among a diverse group stakeholders.
- Business Intelligence certification preferred
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, Mathematics, Economics, Finance or other quantitative degrees.
- 5 years of relevant data and analytics experience required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.