Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$39,600.00 - $65,300.00
What Is the Opportunity?Under moderate supervision, this position assigns claims to appropriate claim professionals using Assignment Tool and resources. Coordinate and monitor claim professional activities to ensure maximization of adjuster resources. As part of the hiring process, this position requires the completion of an online pre-employment assessment. Further information regarding the assessment including an accommodation process, if needed, will be provided at such time as your candidacy is deemed appropriate for further consideration.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility. #LI-Hybrid
What Will You Do?
- Assign claims to appropriate claim professionals as required to maintain an equitable distribution of workload throughout assigned territories.
- Recognize file complexity (Personal or Business Insurance), severity, special handling and/or licensing requirements and assign claim appropriately.
- Review and assign all field support requests (i.e.: task assignments) from other business units in respect to location of task, availability of claim professional in territory, appropriate assignment for severity and/or complexity of the known claim facts and workload capacity within the servicing office.
- Balance daily workloads. Review workload management screen and other resources to reassign files as necessary to achieve optimal productivity and customer service. Reassign cases where the complexity or severity merits such activity.
- Identify and refer claims with high level exposure to the supervisor.
- Document information in claim system and changes to assignments in file notes.
- Maintain contact and open communication with claim professionals throughout the day in order to alert and assign new claims appropriately.
- For Total Loss, contact financial institutions for titles & lien information relative to the claim.
- Consistently provide superior customer service to internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- 1-2 years business experience preferred.
- Claim experience preferred.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and work independently required.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills including the ability to convey and receive information effectively required.
- Highly proficient use of technology with focus on Excel, mapping software, e-mail, Web-enabled applications and database software preferred.
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment managing multiple priorities
- Highly organized with ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail ensuring accuracy
- Intermediate knowledge of technology; including, Microsoft Word, Excel, e-mail, Web-enabled applications, and database software.
- Competency Levels:
- Analytical Thinking- Basic
- Judgment/Decision Making- Basic
- Communication- Basic
- Insurance Contract Knowledge- Introductory
- Obtain and maintain state licensing as required.
What is a Must Have?
- High School Diploma or GED with one year of work or customer service related experience OR Bachelor's Degree required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.