Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$56,300.00 - $92,900.00
What Is the Opportunity?Under direct supervision, this position has responsibility for inspecting, estimating, negotiating, and evaluating 1st and 3rd party auto physical damage claims, including both personal and business insurance claims. The claim types will be basic to moderate physical damage coverages as it relates to damage assessment. This includes collision, comprehensive, property damage related to autos, rental and towing as well as fire, theft, flood, lightning, diminished value claims and any claims that involve injuries. The actual resolution and settlement of these claims will be the responsibility of the Auto Claim Professional. This position will serve as a technical resource for auto claim staff and will provide advice and direction to claim professionals on claim damages to achieve optimal outcomes. This position is based 100% remotely and may include a combination of mobile work and/or work from your primary residence. This job does not lead others. This applicant most live in the territory.
What Will You Do?
- Delivers consistent service quality throughout the claim life cycle, including but not limited to prompt contact, explaining the process, setting expectations, on-going effective communication, and follow-through and meeting commitments to achieve optimal outcome on every file.
- Effectively manages work assignments and promptly travel to location of vehicle / equipment. Arranges to view vehicle / equipment if not readily accessible.
- Scopes claims utilizing technical expertise and information gathered to accurately determine physical claim value of claims using company recognized resources, estimating and evaluation software.
- Establishes the physical damage claim value of assigned losses.
- Prepares and documents accurate vehicle / equipment damage appraisals, Actual Cash and Replacement values according to applicable regulatory and corporate guidelines.
- Partners with the assigned Claim Professional throughout the life of the claim. Partners from initial investigation through final recovery to ensure appropriate claim resolution and pursuit of alternative recovery sources (e.g. Subrogation, SIU, etc.).
- Negotiates the claim with the customer and/or repair facilities leveraging appropriate resources and achieve agreement on value including required payments.
- For applicable Total Loss claims, determines settlement amounts, including applicable coverages and deductibles.
- Negotiates and conveys claim settlements within authority and initiate payment to the customer, including total loss, rental reimbursement, etc.
- Provides all lines of business and departments, i.e. property, Boat and Yacht, Inland Marine, Public Sector, etc. with inspection assistance as needed, including Catastrophe response.
- Effectively manages work assignments and tracks savings and referrals.
- Reviews and analyzes coverage and apply policy conditions, provisions, exclusions, and endorsements pertinent to a variety of 1st party auto damage claims.
- When appropriate, conducts damage management including properly managing the repair process.
- Establishes timely and maintains appropriate claim and expense reserves.
- Develops, documents and continually updates a plan of action, including maintaining an effective diary to manage the vehicle repair process to assist with bringing the repairs to a timely resolution.
- Communicates claim damage assessment following negotiation of value with repair facilities.
- Obtains authorization to initiate payment to the customer/repair facility.
- In order to perform the essential functions of this job, acquisition and maintenance of Insurance License(s) may be required to comply with state and Travelers requirements. Generally, license(s) must be obtained within three months of starting the job and obtain ongoing continuing education credits as mandated.
- This position will require participation in our Catastrophe Response Program which could include deployment away for a minimum of 16 days which includes 2 travel days to assist our customers in other states.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Associates Degree, Bachelors Degree or Technical School Degree preferred. State appraiser and claim handling licenses (where applicable) preferred.
- Two years of auto appraisal experience preferred; prior experience with insurance carrier preferred.
- Strong technical background including extensive knowledge of auto repair and repair techniques, including thorough understanding of auto terminology and construction preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of claims appraisal systems and overall claim operations, Windows proficiency, including Excel and Word.
- Participates in Auto Catastrophe response, including extended deployment and unscheduled travel with minimal notice.
- Strong mathematical and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ownership attitude and customer centric response to all assigned tasks.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Ability to remain current on jurisdictional laws and regulations, and communicating compliance requirements to other claim staff as appropriate.
- Commitment to continuous education.
- Competency Levels:
- Analytical Thinking Basic
- Judgment/Decision Making Basic
- Communication Basic
- Negotiation Intermediate
- Insurance Contract Knowledge Basic
- Principles of Investigation Basic
- Value Determination Intermediate
- Settlement Techniques Intermediate
- Auto Technical Intermediate
What is a Must Have?
- High School Degree or GED with a minimum of one year auto appraisal experience required.
- Valid Driver's License
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.