Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$116,500.00 - $192,200.00
What Is the Opportunity?Positions within this family ensure data is properly managed and leveraged from Source to Storage to Delivery in the most efficient and effective way to benefit the organization. This position performs accountabilities under limited supervision, oversees and optimizes data resources through: Development and implementation of data management best-practices and principles and advanced data analysis approaches including business model oversight of entities, attributes and relationships. Provides data subject matter expertise to business and IT organizations. Pro-actively provides guidance to strategic projects around accuracy, usage and availability of data. Manages data initiatives and activities affecting major systems and data environments. Directs building of strategic solutions including transformation logic, business rules, entities and attribute relationships. This job may lead others.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
What Will You Do?
- Data Quality:
- Leads strategies and policies to ensure data consistency, accuracy, timeliness, validity and completeness
- Develops procedures and processes to certify data quality for business purposes
- Performs complex data profiling and analysis; communicates results in support of data quality processes.
- Meets with business customers to prioritize business data requirements and specifications
- Data Governance:
- Accountable for adoption of defined data policies, standards and best practices on assigned projects or initiatives
- Collaborate with partners to influence development and implementation of innovative governance practices, roles, responsibilities
- Data Analysis:
- Leverages data management knowledge to create strategic frameworks for business solutions.
- Escalation point for customer requests (internal or external, e.g. data calls) of advanced complexity.
- Oversees root cause analysis and resolution of business data issues, including proposal and implementation of specification or procedural changes to address issue, working with impacted areas
- Metadata Mgmt/ Data Catalog:
- Applies advanced understanding of overall physical and logical data model and of data relationships, mapping, lineage and business rules
- Oversees implementation of metadata repositories
- Data Stewardship:
- Facilitates connections among data stewards within your organization and across the enterprise
- Establishes best practices and expected deliverables
- Data Security:
- Ensures data and information are handled in accordance with established laws, regulations and policies.
- Responsible for partnering with audit on compliance reviews
- Responsible for partnering with Information security on policy content, creation, maintenance and awareness.
- Data Culture:
- Partners with enterprise colleagues to mature Travelers data culture
- Knowledge Management:
- Creates tools, processes and workflows to capture knowledge, find information and maintain its relevance
- Actively promotes a knowledge sharing culture and value proposition while generating awareness of initiatives throughout the organization
- Articulates guiding principles and frameworks that align with the strategic vision
- Leads the creation, maintenance and governance of taxonomies and ensures its applicability to content and/or data
- Advanced understanding of emerging trends and new technologies in knowledge management
- Integrates work efforts within respective line of business portfolios.
- Effectively manages resources to implement on going projects, enhancements, initiatives and/or problem resolution.
- Provides leadership by setting priorities, assigning work and coaching / mentoring unit members.
- Responsible for the recruitment and development of needed talent for meeting long-term business goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Technical Knowledge:
- Bachelors degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
- Advanced knowledge of Data Management tools, techniques and programing languages
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of overall data models, data relationships, mapping lineage and business rules
- Advanced SQL knowledge
- Experience implementing Data Profiling and Data Quality best practices
- 10 years of data management or relevant analytics experience.
- IDMA or DAMA Certifications
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelors degree or 7 years of relevant data and analytics experience.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.