P&C Senior Actuarial Assistant
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.Plus, Allstate is changing how, when, and where we work-to lead us boldly into our future. We're empowering our employees to create better ways of working through more intentional use of communication and collaboration practices, processes and tools.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary:
TheP&C Senior Actuarial Assistant job is responsible for executing and/or managing projects in support of pricing insurance business utilizing accepted actuarial and statistical standards, as well as methodologies and knowledge gained through on the job training. This role works closely with analytics management and key business partners to develop and execute appropriate pricing, modeling and product strategies of moderate complexity to support business goals.Key Responsibilities:
- Uses best practices to determine appropriate analysis and performs moderate to highly complex analysis, using creative actuarial, statistical and/or predictive modeling techniques, including proper documentation and evaluation, as appropriate to inform business decisions
- Provides thought and/or technical leadership, including contributions to improvement, development and innovation, and sometimes serves as a subject matter expert
- Plans, implements, manages, and/or contributes on projects that are moderate to high complex and are of moderate scale using accepted project management standards, this work is primarily self-directed
- Communicates appropriateness of actuarial/modeling techniques and results to management and non-technical users to inform business decisions
- Responsible for selecting, reviewing, using and ensuring quality of data used to perform actuarial and statistical services and determination of appropriate tool utilization
- Leverages understanding of insurance business, products, markets and regulatory environments in the creation of business strategies and decisions, building expertise within a specialized area
- May mentor and/or supervise less experienced talent
This job may have supervisory responsibilities
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree required preferably in related field of study such as actuarial science, math/applied math, statistics/applied statistics
- 3-5 years of property and casualty pricing/modeling experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Pursuing actuarial designation
- Advanced knowledge in the use and ability to learn a wide variety of tools, data sources and computer applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively collaborate with multi-disciplinary groups and various organizational levels
- Experience in using, modifying and building predictive models as well as adapting them to unique situations
- Ability to code in one or more programming languages and manipulate large, complex data sets
- Advanced product, price, risk management and insurance regulation knowledge, including professional standards of actuarial/statistical techniques
- High level project management skills to independently handle multiple projects of moderate complexity
- Lead people/projects in a team environment
Compensation range for this position is $93,000 to $123,500. Salary offered will be commensurate with experience. This position is bonus-eligible.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.For a full description of Allstates benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.