Commercial Lines - Account Manager
Job Summary: The Commercial Lines Account Manager performs the essential functions of the position, which include aiding Sales Executives and Account Executives, and clients with service needs and making changes to existing accounts. Specific service and marketing responsibilities are required in this position. Meets service and sales delivery standards and performs essential functions to the quality and service standards developed by the agency.
- Provides technical support to Underwriting & Business Development; specifically in analyzing client needs, coverage forms and quotations.
- Completes submissions in coordination with Underwriting; submits applications to eligible and appropriate carriers; follows up to ensure timely receipt of quotations and policies.
- Orders and issues binders, certificates, policies, endorsements and other related items; verifies their accuracy; forwards them to agent with appropriate correspondence.
- Determines if direct or agency billing is appropriate and invoices accordingly.
- Prepares summaries of insurance, schedules and proposals for word processing as needed.
- Processes renewals in coordination with Underwriting according to procedures.
- Reviews audits of policies; verifies accuracy and facilitates corrections, as needed, between agent and carrier.
- Verifies policy and policy change information, facilitating corrections when necessary. Processes incoming mail and phone requests, responding promptly and appropriately.
- Uses agency credit and collection policy in invoicing and pursuing prompt payments; request cancellations from the carrier according to agency standards.
- Determines reasons for requests for cancellations; acts to save accounts; notifies Underwriting.
- Processes and following up on cancellations requests to carriers to ensure accurate and timely resolution; maintains agency in financial equity whenever possible.
- Assists agents/clients in submitting first reports of claims, facilitates prompt response from carrier staff and follows up on claims status, according to agency procedures.
- Identifies exposure to loss and recommends appropriate coverages in coordination with Underwriting.
Personal and Organizational Development:
- Sets priorities and manages work flow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Maintains a cordial and effective relationship with clients, agents, co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts.
- Keeps informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverages and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Interacts with others effectively by utilizing good communications skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the agency.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school education with a minimum of 5 years insurance.
- Ability to understand and communicate orally and in writing with others to explain complex issues, receive and interpret complex information, and respond appropriately.
- Property, Casualty Agents License a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge of insurance products and usages.
- Knowledge of insurance markets and reference to markets.
- Knowledge of insurance rating and underwriting procedures.
- Ability to carry out complex tasks with many concrete and abstract variables.
- Familiarity with computer and word processing programs.
- High pressured, fast-paced environment with significant telephone and personal disruption. Large number of multiple steps in complex system performed with accuracy and speed is essential to the successful completion of tasks.
- This job description is intended to describe the level of work required by the person performing the work. The principle duties outlined are the essential responsibilities and duties.
Any other duties as requested by management.
Apply for Commercial Lines - Account Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly