Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$34,600.00 - $57,200.00
What Is the Opportunity?The Employee Services Unit (ESU) is a global inbound contact and transaction processing center that handles general HR questions within the six centers of excellence: Benefits, Contact Center, Leave of Absence, Payroll, Staffing Operations, and Talent Management Administration (TMA) supporting US, Canada, UK, and Ireland. As part of the Staffing Operations team, The Associate, HR Operations, gains an understanding and knowledge of Travelers staffing related policies and practices. Serves as the primary contact for the hiring team to complete the administration of the hiring process for internal and external hires which includes offers of employment, background screenings and new hire setup. Supports the Talent Acquisition team by working with our background check provider to research and resolve issues. Provides customer satisfaction through highly responsive services providing timely and accurate answers to inquiries. This position is a trainee role. Complete training for consideration of advancement to the next level.
Travelers offer a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility. #LI-Hybrid
What Will You Do?
- Understands and applies concepts of HR policies, practices, and technology to effectively provide guidance and resolutions to internal and external customers.
- Responsible for routine data entry and case support.
- Handles various customer transactions to ensure timely and accurate results (i.e. paycheck, benefits, and HR data).
- Researches, analyzes and resolves issues utilizing various HR technologies and internal reference materials.
- Tracks all inquiries and escalates to other areas across HR to provide resolution as needed.
- Maintains accurate documentation of all questions/concerns from internal and external customers.
- Understands and follows all policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related preferred.
- 1 year of HR or equivalent customer service experience preferred.
- Experience with Workday preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook preferred.
- Customer service oriented, verbal and written communication skills, results driven, excellent organization, and prioritization skills.
What is a Must Have?
- High school degree or equivalent required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.