Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$76,600.00 - $126,300.00
What Is the Opportunity?Travelers is seeking an experienced Cloud Governance Analyst who will be responsible for execution of our cloud governance services. Successful candidate must have hands-on implementation and support experience around the major technologies and dependencies of public cloud solutions. This candidate should be forward-thinking and have excellent engineering skills coupled with the ability to communicate effectively. Must be able to develop and/or implement complex technology solutions and ensure the operation, monitoring, maintenance, and improvement of critical Cloud systems and services that support our customers.
Under general supervision, demonstrates a thorough understanding of the activities performed related to cloud compliance & support. Plans at an operational level the investigation and remediation of cloud access, currency and vulnerability management.
Facilitates and/or participates in the design of processing, metrics and reporting of compliance to enterprise standards and industry best practices. Develops or recommends appropriate solutions that may involve multiple platforms, databases, software/hardware technologies and tools. Strong ability to multi-task in an environment of changing priorities.
What Will You Do?
- Adopt and communicate new concepts, ideas, techniques, best practices and technology assistance.
- Leverage defined roadmap, reference architecture and standards to support cloud solutions used by the Claim organization
- Support: hands on experience with off-premises (cloud) design, configuration, provisioning, and monitoring
- Monitor and maintain components across our cloud service platforms
- Plan and coordinate platform upgrades through change management
- Drive troubleshooting efforts and resolve technical issues in both test and production environments
- Provide incident response support as needed
- Leverage DevOps expertise to develop pipelines leveraging CI/CD and source control tools (Jenkins, GitHub)
- Deliver consulting and design support to customers across multiple infrastructure technology services
- Participate in writing detailed solution specifications, diagrams, best practices, operating procedures, test plans and reports
- Ensure repeatable processes are followed to manage and support change across environments
- Utilize Agile methodologies for workload management
- Utilize critical thinking skills to analyze challenges and organize the team around a solution
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Advanced knowledge of one or more of the following technical skills:
- Foundational IT Infrastructure
- Cloud computing knowledge (experience implementing Cloud services)
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code (such as Terraform or AWS Cloud Formations)
- AWS and/or GCP certifications preferred
What is a Must Have?
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or its equivalent in work experience, required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.