Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$64,500.00 - $106,400.00
What Is the Opportunity?Work with business customers to determine how Business Intelligence information and analytic solutions can be leveraged to support business strategies, capabilities, and processes. Accountable for full spectrum of business analysis functions for assigned workflow(s) of smaller to medium scope. This position, under moderate supervision, is responsible for: Eliciting, analyzing, specifying, documenting, communicating and validating business intelligence requirements. Executing user acceptance. Communicating business intelligence requirements to diverse stakeholder groups to create a shared understanding of the business needs. Acting as a liaison on Business Intelligence initiatives between business users and technology team.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
What Will You Do?
- Provide daily production processing and support activities for financial systems using Oracle Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), Oracle Hyperion Essbase and Applied OLAP Dodeca products, along with other tools and resources.
- Provide daily production support to Oracle EPM cloud applications.
- Investigate, troubleshoot and help resolved end user difficulties related to listed financial systems.
- Build and maintain financial reports based off business requirements of accounting staff.
- Assists with coordination and testing for IT projects as they intersect with application support activities (e.g. MS Office updates, Windows workstation and server patching etc.)
- Provides input into determining how requirements will be approached and managed on business intelligence initiatives.
- Elicits, analyzes, specifies, documents, communicates and validates business intelligence requirements for assigned workflows.
- Analyzes, produces and reviews requirement artifacts that are compliant, audit able, unambiguous, complete, consistent, understood clearly and meet the business and technical needs of the project.
- Leads user groups and defines requirements and business processes based on business need/priorities for assigned workflows.
- Offers insight and alternatives and obtains consensus among stakeholders. (May require assistance from manager where consensus difficult to reach).
- Ensures requirement traceability is established and managed throughout the project life cycle on less complex projects.
- Facilitates and utilizes the best practices for user acceptance testing (UAT) including creation, socialization, and execution of UAT plans.
- Works with delivery team to design the delivery strategy that fulfills the business requirements.
- Responsible for readiness, user adoption, support, including communication, training and roll-out plans on business intelligence solutions.
- Responsible for the ongoing rationalization of business intelligence assets to ensure they are providing utmost value for business outcomes, under general supervision.
- Offers insight and alternatives to project team.
- Point of contact for business throughout and after project implementation.
- Executes business intelligence business analyst best practices; provides limited mentoring to less experienced business intelligence analysts on business intelligence best practices.
- Responsible for managing and fostering collaborative business and IT relationships.
- Understands the business functions, processes, and overall business strategies.
- Adheres to all data management practices and governance practices.
- Leads small to medium size projects as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- 2 years of related experience preferred.
- 2 years of supporting the development of Business Intelligence solutions preferred.
- Project management experience preferred.
- General understanding of the business functions, processes, and overall business strategies preferred.
- Demonstrated intermediate analytic and diagnostic skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Basic project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to see results to completion.
- Intermediate business acumen.
- Seeks opportunities to learn.
- Intermediate problem solving and decision making skills.
- Experience and ability using Business Intelligence tools (as an end user) preferred.
- Experience with Hyperion analytic and reporting tools; Oracle Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), Oracle Hyperion Essbase, Oracle Hyperion Smart View for Office, Oracle Hyperion Reporting, and also the Applied OLAP Dodeca product preferred but not required.
- Experience working with SQL server database and query tools desirable.
- Experience with automation and scripting tools; Pearl, Jython, Python, VBA, VB and Windows scripting host valuable.
- Experience with Web Development, SharePoint, Java and cloud computing helpful.
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelors degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), Business or equivalent education required.
- 1 year analytics experience required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.