Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$47,500.00 - $78,400.00
What Is the Opportunity?Perform standard duties utilizing developed procedures on assignments of moderate complexity. Follows standard policies to complete work. Works within moderate limits to process applications. Possesses procedural knowledge and skills that enable task accomplishment.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
What Will You Do?
May include all or the majority but not limited to these components:
(ML-Management Liability, O-Operations, S-Surety
- Pre-quote and post-bind u/w activities, by account (ML, O):
- Bills, assembles and distributes Bond products according to procedural guidelines.
- Books and issues (O).
- Understands policy documents:
- Solicitation requirements (O).
- Pre-populates Workbook with easily-available financial and other data (O, ML).
- Pull prospect lists for underwriting teams from the Vault.
- Scrub and distribute new business leads from Middle Market to the underwriting teams (ML).
- Assist in the Polaris training of new underwriters (ML).
- New business processing including extended time and/or warranty (S).
- Set up renewal solicitation for each underwriting team including storage of proof of notice in the EFC (ML).
- Pull credit, Guidestar, Westlaw and ERISA reports.
- Closeout of bonds with extended time and/or warranty provisions (S).
- New business and closeout with deviated commission scales (S).
- Complete management of Final Contract Price report process including pulling the reports, compiling the final price information, sending to the agent and.
- managing the process through final closeout and processing of over/under run premiums (S).
- New business processing involving joint ventures (S).
- New business processing involving co-sureties (S).
- May assist in audits, set up of QAP forms (ML); QAP action plans (O).
- Processes cancellations.
- Process Mid-Term changes, surety riders (S).
- Follow-up on non-pays (S).
- Review delinquency pay and follow up with agency. Monitor and review all past-due obligations (60 and 90 day) (ML).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Typically has 2 or more years of experience in the Insurance industry.
- Understanding of insurance terms and Underwriting instructions: Intermediate
- Communication: Basic
- Demonstrates effective verbal, written and listening communication skills.
- Customer Focus: Intermediate
- Provides service excellence to internal or external clients.
- MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and ability to learn computer systems: Basic
What is a Must Have?
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate's degree or one year of work experience required.
- Basic software skills required (Windows MS Office).
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.