Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$45,800.00 - $75,500.00
What Is the Opportunity?Do you have a strong desire to help others and enjoy working with a team to resolve issues? Are you an expert multitasker with the ability to navigate multiple systems? Travelers' Claim Organization is at the heart of our business by providing assurance to our customers during life's rainy days. As a Property Claim Representative Trainee you will walk our customers through home and auto claims while evaluating damage and negotiating on their behalf. You will leverage your interpersonal and critical thinking skills to resolve previously closed personal and business property claims. When a catastrophe happens, you will be first to respond while keeping customers' peace of mind a top priority. As Property Claim Representative Trainee you will develop skills in investigation, evaluation, and negotiation, and grow with Travelers. Successful completion of Claim Representative training is required to advance to Property Claim Representative. As part of the hiring process, this position requires the completion of an online pre-employment assessment. Further information regarding the assessment including an accommodation process, if needed, will be provided at such time as your candidacy is deemed appropriate for further consideration.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
What Will You Do?
- Provide quality claim handling throughout the claim life cycle while maintaining full compliance with internal and external standards and state specific regulations.
- Complete virtual, classroom, and on-the-job training which includes the overall instruction, exposure, and preparation for employees to progress to the next level position.
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours with intermittent weekend hours with minimal notice given.
- Support our Catastrophe Response Program to assist our customers in other states.
- Investigate and evaluate all relevant facts to determine coverage, damages, and liability of auto and home claims under a variety of policies and determine appropriate settlements.
- Provide excellent customer service to meet the needs of the insured, agent and all other internal and external partners.
- Perform administrative functions such as maintaining an effective filing and diary system, expense accounts, time off reporting, and more.
- Acquire and maintain relevant Insurance License(s) to comply with state and Travelers requirements within three months of starting the job.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Two years of work or customer service experience.
- Interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to use sound judgement to analyze and resolve claims.
- Ability to proactively manage time, and prioritize multiple claims simultaneously.
- Written and verbal communication skills with the ability to pay attention to detail and effectively convey information to customers and agents.
- Demonstrated ownership attitude and customer centric response to all assigned tasks - Basic
- Verbal and written communication skills -Intermediate
- Attention to detail ensuring accuracy - Basic
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment managing multiple priorities - Basic
- Analytical Thinking - Basic
- Judgment/ Decision Making - Basic
What is a Must Have?
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One year of customer service experience or Bachelor's Degree.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.