Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$60,400.00 - $99,700.00
What Is the Opportunity?Monitor and manage workflow within Help Desk unit to ensure timely assignment of work and efficient interaction with customers. Uses strong analytical skills, business and technical knowledge to provide operational and business support for computer systems to various internal and external customers via phone and non-phone methods related to Supported Systems. Works with immediate manager on daily tasks and key projects that will assist in achieving overall team goals and the success of business initiatives. Handles Manager's and/or Director's duties in the absence of either. Proactively seeks opportunities to reduce costs and improve customer service. Identifies and develops problem resolution and knowledge database for use by service desk staff. Positively affects alliance building and relationship management. Assumes ownership for a positive customer interaction for all calls taken.
What Will You Do?
- Uses available resources and industry best practices to determine if system(s) require corrective action and develops interim strategic alternative work flows when possible.
- Actively pursues/maintains Help Desk Certification.
- Monitors progress on special projects assigned to Consultant and Sr. Consultant team members.
- First point of contact for escalation of priority problems.
- With assistance of manager, determines appropriate workflow and allocation of responsibility to all team members.
- Understands & delivers established service level agreements.
- Maintain phone workflows.
- Assists in training and coaching less experienced Consultants.
- Assist in the training of new personnel within Help Desk team.
- Coordinate communication within work group.
- Maintain attendance & vacation schedule for team.
- Provide input to manager for team performance appraisals.
- Understand unit/company policies and interpret for rest of team.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Mentors junior team members and reports on help desk activities.
- Compiles daily, weekly, and/or monthly call statistics for presentation to management.
- May participate in new candidate interview processes and provides feedback to management.
- Assist in performing monthly call monitoring evaluations for all team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Help Desk professional designation a plus.
- Demonstrates a solid knowledge of application systems and of the systems area supporting the business functions.
- A strong working knowledge of the systems interfaces with the business operations work-flow and a conceptual understanding of the business.
- Proficient in the use of agency system configurations and applications
- Maintains a basic knowledge of business trends.
- Does not require assistance to perform tasks and can be relied upon to train less experienced team analysts.
- Oversees the day to day operations, call volumes, projects of the team and provides critical direction as needed.
Business Knowledge & Partnership:
- Effectively contributes and communicates with the immediate team, systems staff, other business units, service offices, agents, and customers, through a collaborative style.
- Demonstrates ability to adjust priorities based on changing situations.
- Has the ability to handle several priority projects at once and can shift priorities based on business needs.
Problem Solving & Decision Making:
- Recognizes and analyzes problems of small to advanced complexity and escalates as appropriate with appropriate documentation.
- Independently considers a variety of alternatives to arrive at a timely and practical solution.
- Builds relationships with peers to achieve objectives.
- Balances team and incumbent responsibilities.
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others views.
- Gives and welcomes feedback.
- Puts success of team above own interest.
- Communicates with internal and external customers and peers when appropriate, utilizing solid written or oral skills.
- Is a self-motivated to drive towards meeting and exceeding team goals.
- Is willing to assist immediate management in project tasks, meeting attendance and peer training and mentoring.
- Takes an active role in developing people and the team to maximize performance.
- Empowered to make decisions.
- Monitors team projects activities and provides timely status reports to management.
- Generates innovative ideas on how to improve internal team workflows and processes, as well as identify systems changes that may ultimately enable the company and/or customer to operate in a cost-effective manner.
What is a Must Have?
- Associates degree or 3 years experience in a Help Desk environment.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.