Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$112,100.00 - $184,900.00
What Is the Opportunity?At Travelers, we aim to enable a streamlined experience for business partners to purchase goods and services to help run our businesses. The Technology Strategic Sourcing Team aims to enhance internal Travelers processes.
As a Strategic Sourcing Director, you will be responsible for leading and executing technology strategic sourcing, negotiation, program and category management, and spend and market analysis efforts that span across multiple technology categories and/or lines of business.
What Will You Do?
Work on end-to-end technology negotiation deals and strategic sourcing events that have high complexity and dollar value and typically require interaction with and presentation to senior leaders.
This position may manage people.
Primary Job Responsibilities (what you will do)
Execute and has accountability the full lifecycle for multiple categories of sourcing activities, including developing sourcing strategies, to negotiate optimal commercial terms with a focus on risk mitigation in adherence with corporate contracting standards while closely partnering with cross-functional teams.
Lead category and Portfolio Management activities including making recommendations on sourcing strategies, internal strategic directives, and other research to drive optimal outcomes.
Communicate analysis, insights, risks, and results to team, business partners, and senior leadership.
Take an active role participating in and guiding team and division projects and operational initiatives.
Partner with other sourcing and cross-functional teams to ensure successful collaboration and execution of sourcing activities and proactively build internal and external networks.
Identify trends in changing market conditions, strategic business, and management directions in order to create cost savings and/or risk mitigation.
Act as subject matter expert to provide Procurement support for business projects/initiatives with low-medium risk/impact across the enterprise.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Experience in negotiating software, hardware, software-as-a-service and consulting services contracts is preferred.
- Bachelors' or Master's degree preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency of eSourcing and Ariba procurement applications preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency of Excel, PowerPoint and Word preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency of working with a contract management tool/application to ensure all documents are organized and data is entered accurately preferred.
What is a Must Have?
- Minimum 7 years of strategic sourcing, negotiation, finance or supplier management experience required.
- Must have strong management skills, including communicating, negotiating, directing, planning, organizing, writing skills and problem solving.
- Requires thorough knowledge and understanding of strategic sourcing concepts to include strategic sourcing, supply management, inventory management, cost-price analysis, minority supplier programs, bid solicitation, negotiating techniques and market analysis/trends.
- Must have thorough understanding of all functions, programs, and commodities managed, as well as sound financial principles and expense accounting.
- Project planning, negotiating, organizing, documenting and problem solving skills required.
- Requires ability to take quick, decisive action in unique and complex situations to meet corporate business objectives and business requirements.
- Knowledge of business and legal implications of proposed procurement solutions required.
- Must have ability to perform equally well in a team environment or individually.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
- Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility .
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.