Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$114,700.00 - $189,300.00
What Is the Opportunity?At Travelers, we work to ensure our customers are covered when it matters most. To provide the best coverage possible, our Enterprise Catastrophe Risk Management team, assesses the risk of financial loss due to natural and manmade catastrophes and risk reward analytics. As the Sr. Manager, Catastrophe (CAT) Risk you will execute strategic and operational initiatives, provide analytical insights and recommendations, and collaborate with and influence business partners to support the achievement of risk reward objectives.
What Will You Do?
- Act as a subject matter expert focused in one or more of the following catastrophe risk evaluation areas: CAT model framework, monitoring aggregation profiles, development of catastrophe view of risk, and/or performing risk reward analysis.
- Develop and analyze business and market results, identify trends, and formulate hypotheses for potential future research and analysis.
- Partner with the business to establish and monitor one or more of the following: CAT underwriting strategy, development of hazard maps, and/or metric standards including data quality, data feed attributes, concentration metrics, and profitability ratios.
- Lead CAT Event Response coordination across the enterprise, producing impacted exposure summaries for major events, and providing guidance to executive, claim, reserving and analytical teams.
- May lead or participate on post event reviews for catastrophe perils.
- Perform and apply judgement to appropriately identify current or future problems or opportunities, analyze, synthesize and compare information to understand issues, identify cause/effect relationships, and develop proposals and begin to make decisions independently.
- Lead and direct enterprise-wide projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Five years of relevant analytics experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft suite, SQL, geospatial, statistical packages or other programs used to retrieve and analyze data.
- Progress toward Certified Specialist in Catastrophe Risk (CSCR) designation
- or CAT model designation from leading 3rd party vendor such as Verisk Certified Extreme Event Modeler (CEEM)
- Project or people management experience
- Experience leading and managing complex projects.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Catastrophe Risk Modeling components including model output and metrics.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Collaborate with business partners to set project goals and make recommendations for improvements.
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), Business, or a related field.
- Three years of relevant analytics experience
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.