Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$76,600.00 - $126,300.00
What Is the Opportunity?Join the team that collaborates across Travelers to inform business decisions, drive winning strategies and enable the business to capitalize on change. Enterprise Market Research (EMR) provides business and functional area partners with objective, credible and actionable insights; helping to profitably grow the business, build the brand and positively position Travelers within the marketplace.
You will be working in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment to help identify and size market and industry opportunities, understand competitors' actions, and monitor external trends and their potential impact on the business.
You will be responsible for conducting research, becoming an expert on assigned topics and creating project deliverables. In this dynamic environment, you will learn to leverage key resources to deliver actionable insights to business leaders, so informed business decisions can be made.
Travelers offer a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility. #LI-Hybrid
What Will You Do?
- Conduct thorough research by identifying and mining multiple market, economic, financial and demographic sources to synthesize and reconcile information
- Create meaningful analysis that is accurate, appropriate and actionable for our internal clients
- Help develop recommendations, sometimes intended for senior management, based on internal and external research, while demonstrating insight, creativity and neutrality
- Collaborate across research portfolios and multiple departments (e.g., underwriting, marketing, etc.), when necessary, to execute insight analyses
- Balance multiple projects while working autonomously and with leadership to help prioritize deliverables
- Provide professional-level customer service to internal clients
- Produce clear, concise and impactful write-ups and/or presentations of findings
- Other duties as assigned
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, economics, engineering, mathematics, statistics or comparable analytical degree preferred.
- 3+ years of market research or related experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information from survey or qualitative data.
- Proven ability to derive observations from data and analysis and develop possible implications.
- Intermediate Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills.
What is a Must Have?
- Minimum of 2 years related business experience required.
What are the Job Specific Competencies?
Data Analysis & Synthesis
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and summarize information from various credible sources (e.g., survey or qualitative data) to perform market, industry or economic analyses.
- Prioritizes accuracy and completeness of insights.
- Proven ability to derive observations from insight synthesis and develop possible business implications.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity while solving problems.
- Manages workload efficiently, effectively and completely.
- Learns quickly, demonstrates initiative and adapts / adjusts to shifting priorities.
- Proven ability to build relationships and work collaboratively in a dynamic team environment.
Business Software Skills
- Intermediate Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.