Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$127,800.00 - $210,800.00
What Is the Opportunity?Join the team that collaborates across Travelers to inform business decisions, drive winning strategies and enable the business to capitalize on change. Enterprise Market Research (EMR) provides business and functional area partners with objective, credible and actionable insights; helping to profitably grow the business, build the brand and positively position Travelers within the marketplace.
You will be working in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment to help identify and size market and industry opportunities, understand competitors' actions, and monitor external trends and their potential impact on the business.
The Managing Sr Director, Market Research manages and conducts multiple and complex secondary research projects; summarizes and synthesizes complex and often conflicting datasets into actionable insights, and manages projects end-to-end. Additionally, you will provide coaching/subject matter expertise to the department, provide strategic direction/guidance to team and assign resources for the department
This position manages a team of directors, managers, sr. analysts, analysts and/or interns.
Travelers offer a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility. #LI-Hybrid
What Will You Do?
- Acts as a strategic consulting resource with clients and staff, providing comprehensive, secondary research solutions to solve for business problems with the highest amount of complexity. Proposes strategies (new or existing) to solve these complex business problems.
- Partners with department leadership to evolve the vision / expectations of the team to ensure successful execution of department, staff and project priorities.
- Oversees the most complicated project requests by blending together incomplete sources of information into cohesive arguments; performs advanced market, industry, financial, and economic analysis; to formulate a comprehensive answer for the client's business question not limited to initial question scope.
- Generates business relevant insights from the research and uses credibility and influence to enable full consideration of recommendations.
- Responsible for quality control and completeness of team's work
- Manages all facets of staff performance in order to achieve business objectives, including coaching and development through honest and constructive feedback.
- Proactively recruits for talent and acquires high caliber people with a diversity of skills and backgrounds.
- Exhibits a higher level of coaching and leadership skills to the entire research team
- Accepts and prioritizes new project requests against team's capacity and client need / level of urgency. Proactively promotes department capabilities across the enterprise
- May serve as engagement lead for one or more businesses or corporate functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, economics, engineering, mathematics, statistics or comparable analytical degree preferred.
- MBA, Master's of research, or other advanced degree preferred.
- 8+ years of market research or related work experience preferred.
- 6+ years of leadership experience preferred.
- Effectively manages all facets of staff performance in order to achieve business objectives.
- Ability to influence and interact with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to provide inspirational leadership, negotiate, influence without authority.
- Expert ability to derive insights from complex survey or qualitative data.
- Advanced ability to turn observations derived from data and analysis into actionable insights and advise on business strategy.
- Strong ability to manage multiple and complex research projects from the scoping phase through client delivery, managing to a budget on projects utilizing a vendor.
- Leveraged as an advanced research subject matter expert across department.
- Expert PowerPoint, Word, and Excel skills.
What is a Must Have?
- Minimum of 6 years of market research or related experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of management experience required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.