Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$100,400.00 - $165,700.00
What Is the Opportunity?Travelers' Venture Studio team creates new products that help people protect the things that matter most while generating new business options for Travelers. As a New Venture Marketing Specialist, you will lead the creation and deployment of marketing for products at various phases of maturity. From in market concept testing to growth hacking, you will strategize, plan, execute, and assess marketing campaigns to meet the needs of venture teams.
What Will You Do?
Consults and works collaboratively with product managers, entrepreneurs, designers, and other internal and external stakeholders to create and execute marketing campaigns aligned to specific business needs.
Responsible for managing content development (design, written, multimedia) and executes for assigned campaigns to ensure that campaign objectives are met; shepherds' material through the review/approval process.
Develops feedback and insights for emergent products and brands based on marketing performance
Executes a broad range of marketing tactics per the needs of the venture; including field and traditional tactics such as email, sell sheets, events; and digital marketing such as video, social and web.
Strategizes and maintains a mix of marketing channels and analytic capabilities for early phase experimentation.
Partners with Entrepreneurs and Strategists to identify and test promising ways in to markets of interest. Develops marketing strategies for initial MVP go lives as well as for larger scale product launches.
Monitors and analyzes campaigns according to key business intent (inform product market fit, campaign effectiveness, optimize ROI, etc). Tracks results and conducts post-campaign analysis and reporting, including contextualizing results vs relevant benchmarks. Recommends adjustments to tactics.
Stays attuned to relevant market conditions and trends in order to drive effective messaging and tactics to targeted audiences.
Performs other duties as needed to advance innovation efforts.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Typically 7+ years of experience in marketing generalist role.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- General knowledge of the Property Casualty insurance or related field. Experience in the Financial Services/Insurance Industry or 3rd Party Distribution model preferred.
- General knowledge of the business financial drivers, structure and operations.
- General Knowledge: Possesses sufficient knowledge to perform most work in normal situations.)
- Intermediate written and verbal communications skills.
- Intermediate project management and organizational skills.
- Intermediate consulting skills.
- Intermediate analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Intermediate presentation skills.
- Intermediate skill/competency level: demonstrates solid knowledge and ability; can apply the competency with minimal or no guidance, in the full range of typical situations. Requires guidance handling novel or more complex situations.
What is a Must Have?
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in marketing related field.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience supporting the management of integrated campaigns.
- General knowledge of all facets of owned, earned and paid tactics.
- Thorough knowledge of content writing and tools.
- Thorough knowledge of multifunctional areas such as: digital execution, promotion, advertising, research, competitive analysis, communications, brand management, website management.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.