Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$89,400.00 - $147,400.00
What Is the Opportunity?It's an exciting time to join Infrastructure and Cloud Services (ICS). ICS is committed to the success of our customers through a relentless focus on operational excellence, ensuring reliable and highly available systems and services, fueling, and enabling accelerated cloud adoption, and delivering advanced engineering solutions.
We are seeking a FinOps Analyst who is passionate about solutions that maximize the cost efficiency of our cloud infrastructure.
What Will You Do?
* Build the knowledge and policies to understand and control Travelers costs in the public cloud
* The role will be embedded within the ICS FinOps team and partner directly with Finance and our internal ICS group and BUs
* Closely partner with Engineering teams to understand their business processes and cost drivers, inclusive of demands outside of the teams' responsibilities
* Assist in implementing the Cloud cost management program, including a tagging framework, cloud workload governance, cost chargebacks, and budget.
* Build and improve forecasts and explore trends in cloud spend using inhouse tools
* Provide the Engineering stakeholders with the tools to develop and measure cost related insights, metrics, and KPIs to help them better understand their application costs and how to build applications more efficiently
* Develop and deliver training sessions on Cost Optimization to drive accountability to Application owners relating to cloud spend and help owners understand how to take action against opportunities within the dashboards
* Continuously capture, analyze and present costs, utilization, waste and potential savings.
* Analyze Cloud Bills (AWS, GCP, Azure) for anomalies.
* Passionate about cloud cost efficiency, self-driven and independent. Quick response time and deliveries with limited follow-up.
* Continuous improvement attitude- able to seek out and implement leading cloud cost management practices.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Five years of experience in cloud technology preferred.
- 3 years minimum relevant experience managing public cloud costs and demonstrated working knowledge of public cloud.
- Finance experience a plus with technical experience.
- Experience providing technical direction to project teams preferred.
- Working knowledge of infrastructure technologies such as Network, Database, Server, Storage etc. preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of one or more of the following technical skills:
- Foundational IT Infrastructure
- Operating Systems
- Understanding of Cloud cost management tools like Flexera, Turbonomic, and PowerBI platforms is a plus.
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Excellent written and strong verbal/interpersonal communication skills.
- Superior customer service mindset and a commitment to team-work.
- Able to conduct and interpret quantitative or qualitative analyses and deliver recommendations
What is a Must Have?
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or its equivalent in work experience, required.
- Three years of experience in Technology required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.