Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$124,300.00 - $205,100.00
What Is the Opportunity?Travelers is looking for a XD Director to deliver best-in-class experiences for our customers, agents, employees, and partners in Personal Insurance. XD Directors are responsible for leading teams that design elegant and engaging solutions to complex business challenges across channels and roles. Partnering with senior leaders in Personal Insurance including product management, engineering, and business stakeholders, they will deliver solutions that fulfill on key customer experience and business goals. As a leader in the practice, they play a large role in the success of the team and in driving experience strategy in Personal Insurance.
In this role, the XD Director will lead a cross functional team (Design, Research, Content Strategy) that is focused on modernizing our Customer Servicing ecosystem. Here you will help our customer service employees and agents deliver outstanding service experiences for our customers. You will inform and design a network of intuitive systems that enable our employees to understand and resolve all customer experience needs quickly and easily. A large portion of this work will focus on SalesForce Service, and experience with SalesForce and the lightning design system is a plus but not must have.
An XD Director may work independently or manage a team on key projects through discovery, design, and development, producing holistic solutions that optimize the experience across various mediums and channels (internal and external-facing platforms, software, voice, etc.). As part of a growing practice of 18 Experience Design (XD) professionals, this person will lead research and design sessions, and partner with cross-functional teams to ensure that the work being produced is of high quality and meets our experience and business goals. They strive to discover fresh insights and leverage them to drive design direction or improve existing designs. They are continuously on the lookout for new best practices across design, customer and user trends, and marketing and brand insights to deliver optimized experiences.
What Will You Do?
- Apply domain-specific expertise and overall experience design leadership for programs and activities, while influencing product and journey vision, strategy, roadmaps, and decision-making in and across organizations.
- Communicate strategic direction and coordinate the work of individuals and teams, ensuring the collection, analysis, prioritization, and application of feedback.
- Shape research and design strategies for products and services by leading collaborative efforts to create and improve models, concepts, and design elements (e.g., experience goals, journey maps, information architecture, scenarios, personas, interactions, content, etc.) applying and setting design objectives, principles, and standards.
- Strategize and support the execution of research and testing activities to gather user experience data, evaluate the usability of solutions, and determine the effectiveness of concepts; analyze, evaluate, describe, report results and recommendations to design stakeholders.
- Initiate and facilitate collaboration with various stakeholders (i.e., end users, other business and technology functions, and outside partners) to inform design strategy and objectives through a human-centered approach that leverages research-based insights, experimentation, and data-informed decision making.
- Identify, evaluate, and guide adoption of new and improved tools, methods, and processes.
- Coach and mentor other XD staff, to enable their advancement, while leading team and practice development, grow leadership capacity, and support the recruitment of top candidates to the XD practice.
- If managing others, set performance goals, provide ongoing feedback, and conduct standard performance reviews.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Experience in a related field, such as HCI, VCD, Service Design, Anthropology, etc.
- Ten years of related experience.
- Two years of leadership experience (formal management or other).
- Advanced knowledge of most areas, expert level knowledge and application of three or more, and the ability to teach others at a basic level:
- Design research
- Information architecture
- Interaction design
- Visual design
- Content design (strategy, writing, editing for interaction)
- Information design
- Service design
- Presentation and communication
- Collaboration and facilitation
- Design strategy
- Usability testing
- Data analysis
- Design systems
- SalesForce Sales, Lightning Design system, B2B and application design
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in work experience.
- Eight years of related experience.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.