Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$84,800.00 - $139,900.00
What Is the Opportunity?The Reinsurance division is looking for a Senior Business Systems Analyst to work with stakeholders to help translate business strategies and initiatives into requirements and Agile user stories. The position supports multiple homegrown systems. The Senior Business Systems Analyst will understand how the systems support the business and will work with the Product Owner and IT developers to maintain and update the systems to keep them current and able to support the business as it changes.
What Will You Do?
- Translate business requirements into detailed functional requirements and user stories.
- Ensure the requirements are unambiguous and understandable by both business users and solution delivery teams.
- Be part of a Scrum team, collaborating with the Product owner to evaluate the feature, write user stories, document business rules and with the developers to review technical design enablers and dependencies.
- Ensure the team has sufficient detail to get work done
- Clearly define the behavior of the system
- Communicate technical concepts to non-technical leaders
- Provide support and mentoring to other agile team members to facilitate a better understanding of requirements, processes and deliverables required to support successful project delivery.
- Ensure the test strategy and test plans adequately cover the requirements. Assist in defect resolution.
- Involved in all sprint planning and backlog grooming
- Provide project management support as necessary.
- Work with Product Owner to prioritize requirements effectively based on business value, risks and constraints.
- Understand the business functions, processes, and overall business strategies.
- Simultaneously support multiple initiatives as assigned
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- 5+ years of proven experience in business analysis or data analysis including creating business, functional and reporting requirements and conducting user acceptance testing for business-critical solutions in complex environments.
- Basic knowledge of Oracle SQL
- Work experience in Reinsurance or Insurance industry
- Effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
- Remains energized and focused when faced with ambiguity, change or strenuous demands.
- Ability to work independently and as part of an Agile team
- Basic project management skills
- Ability to understand the 'big picture' and the details of a system or project.
- Demonstrated ability to see results to completion.
- Seeks opportunities to learn and to influence others.
- Ability to complete problem analysis and make solution recommendations.
- Ability to interact effectively with others across functions.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Ability to consider others' ideas seriously and accept feedback.
- P&C insurance/reinsurance experience preferred
What is a Must Have?
- Three years of experience in Business Systems or equivalent required
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that we can deliver the very best products and services when our workforce reflects the diverse customers and communities we serve. We are committed to recruiting, retaining and developing the diverse talent of all of our employees and fostering an inclusive workplace, where we celebrate differences, promote belonging, and work together to deliver extraordinary results.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.