Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$96,100.00 - $158,500.00
What Is the Opportunity?Key player to implement strategic and tactical operational initiatives. Effectively manages operations and processes associated with production activities (i.e., supports the agency onboarding life cycle). Sets and monitors performance standards. Collaborates with internal support staff to identify training needs, assess quality/performance standards for the Agency Administration services team and ensure priorities are responsive to achieving business goals. Assures all related activities are delivered in a manner consistent with customer service and expense management focus. Develops strategic and implements tactical policy workflow and performance standards development / implementation. This position will manage a team.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
What Will You Do?
- Participate in the implementation of long and short term business strategies to effectively achieve policy service objectives.
- Implement and participate in the development of tactical business planning and monitoring decisions/activities designed to support underwriting decisions which are consistent with achieving business goals.
- Participate in the implementation of operational and policy service strategies, policies, workflow processes and standards. Ensure effective utilization of these strategies, policies, etc.
- Manage account support activities to meet production goals; assure compliance and performance standards are achieved; provide management information as necessary; and utilize all available resources in a cost effective manner.
- Reconcile financial and operational results to ensure all information is correct (i.e. overdue, hit ratio, skip list, etc.) Take corrective action as necessary. Provide management information reports.
- Act in a collaborative capacity with service, billing, HO, etc. to resolve problems/issues quickly. Establish priorities and make workflow decisions. Assure that our contractual commitments are met.
- Manage the effective implementation of new technologies and the utilization of existing systems.
- Resolve operation matters resulting in bottleneck situations to assure business results are not negatively affected by operational problems.
- Establish and maintain positive and productive relationships through on-going dialogue with UW Management, Underwriters & agents/brokers.
- Meet with them to assess operations performance and identify/resolve issues/problems.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal resources (e.g., Claim, Operations, etc.) to coordinate the delivery of all related services to clients.
- Maintain an appropriate level of customer service.
- Participate in major projects as assigned.
- Develop, coach and mentor staff.
- Lead region level projects.
- Perform all necessary staff management functions to support profit, growth and expense management goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- College degree preferred in related field, such as Business, Finance or Insurance.
- Management of staff.
- Solid understanding of Property-Casualty products and services.
- Solid understanding of underwriting and marketing functions and environments.
- Systems / Technical background.
- Demonstrated communication, problem solving, decision making and customer focus skills.
- Clearly articulates even the most complex concepts so others understand.
- Influences others without using formal authority.
- Is open to being influenced to explore new possibilities.
- Adjusts own style according to the demands of the situation.
- Shares information internally and maintains confidentiality.
- Basic Computer Skills with Microsoft Office.
- Executes Business Strategy.
- Leads Change.
- Drives Results.
- Promotes Enterprise Culture.
- Attracts Top Talent.
- Maximizes Individual and Organizational Performance.
- Holds Others Accountable.
- Aligns Rewards.
- Creates and Sustains A Dynamic Workplace.
- Exhibits Courage, Convictions, and Credibility.
- Communicates Effectively and Influences Others.
- Applies Critical Thinking.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness.
What is a Must Have?
- Minimum of 6 years of experience related to property and casualty insurance.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.