Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$73,300.00 - $120,900.00
What Is the Opportunity?Under Limited Supervision, develops data and analytics that support profit and loss for a particular product or Line-of-Business (LOB). Provides detailed analysis of profitability, pricing, and growth for a product or line of business. Support and collaborate closely with markets and within BI Product in the formulation and implementation of LOB strategies through increased analysis and focus on competitor behaviors, marketplace dynamics, pricing segmentation, and line and segment level analysis. This position does not manage others, but may act as a Team Lead.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyzes and provides recommendations using analysis and interpretation of rates, data, and trends.
- Gathers data/information and performs analysis in support of strategy changes.
- Supports the analysis to inform markets of opportunities and trends impacting the Line of Business at a BI level.
- Supports the development of workflow practices/report ordering across BI that reduce redundancy and establish consistency.
- Creates and maintains collaborative relationships with market and field partners that supports LOB strategies.
- Provides mentoring to Market Analysts and Pricing Analysts, as needed.
- Trains, assimilates, and informally mentors new team members.
- Presents findings of analysis to management on a routine basis.
- Bachelors degree required.
- One year experience in data analytics.
- Thorough Knowledge of Microsoft office products (Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelors degree in business management, mathematics, management information, finance, actuarial science, economics or other analytics related field.
- Three years experience in data analytics.
- Two years experience working in financial services industry preferred.
- General knowledge of Business Insurance products and systems.
- Working knowledge of Pricing and Actuarial techniques.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Technical Knowledge/Critical Thinking:
- Able to extract and analyze competitive data.
- Team Orientation:
- Ability to interact with the field sales team, work with DOI and connections within the Industry to gather competitive intelligence.
- Planning and Project Management:
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Communication Skills:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Understands basic actuarial concepts such as loss development and trending.
- Solid understanding of competitive analysis tools.
- Understanding of basic ratemaking and its application, such as profitability, risk loads, etc.
- Solid understanding of techniques and models used to forecast insurance financials.
- Understands and is able to access available sources of Travelers and Industry trend information.
- Solid understanding of and good working relationship with claim, business centers, call centers, and information technology. Understands the workflow and terminology of these areas and their impact on PL.
- Solid knowledge of Excel, Access and Word.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel Occasionally
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.