Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$85,600.00 - $141,200.00
What Is the Opportunity?Under moderate supervision, participate in audits and compliance reviews of various company technology functions. Identify risks and controls, execute specific testing procedures, and document results and conclusions reached. Follow department methodology and assist in development of written issues and recommendations for the business. This job does not manage others.
Relocation assistance will be considered
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
What Will You Do?
- Participates in audits and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance reviews of various company technology functions, incorporating an understanding of technology processes, risk assessment techniques and generally accepted auditing standards.
- Identifies risks and tests controls associated with financial integrity, operational effectiveness, compliance with rules and regulations, and systems and data integrity.
- Develop audit plans, programs and specific tests to evaluate control areas.
- Analyzes findings and test results and arrives at sound fact-based conclusions and appropriate recommendations for problem areas noted.
- Prepares documentation in adherence to internal audit professional standards, best practices and Corporate Audit's methodology.
- Contributes to the preparation of audit reports including recommendations for improvement.
- Assists in training and developing others in audit, risk assessment techniques, and technology principles.
- Act as a lead reviewer on smaller, less complex audits.
- Performs regular business monitoring of Traveler's IT functions by maintaining ongoing relationships with key members of business management, attending meetings and reviewing documentation.
- Monitors the status of existing corrective actions and schedules validation of completed corrective actions.
- Consistently adheres to internal audit professional standards, best practices and Corporate Audit's methodology.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- BA/BS in Computer Science/MIS or related discipline.
- Working knowledge of risk assessment, technology, and auditing principles.
- Working knowledge of IT Risk Frameworks (COBIT, COSO, NIST, etc.).
- Technical Competence:
- Intermediate understanding of mainframe, distributed, network, or web-based technology environments.
- Basic understanding of the relationships between financial, operational and technology risks and controls as well as the insurance industry.
- Intermediate knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Intermediate understanding of the audit cycle, universe, plan and schedule, including business monitoring and SOX validation.
- Advanced skills with commonly used office software including: MS Office, email and the internet.
- Ability to leverage CAATs to improve audit test efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Ability to plan ahead and organize tasks, manage time well, be on time and be cost conscious.
- Ability to receive feedback, willingness to learn and ability to embrace continuous improvement.
- Ability to demonstrate effective verbal, written and listening communication skills.
- Ability to articulate messages to business management through formal and informal presentations.
- Ability to write and edit clear and concise work papers and reports.
- Build Relationships:
- Ability to build productive working relationships with co-workers, business management and external parties.
- Ability to collaborate in situations when actions are interdependent and a team is mutually responsible to produce a result.
- Maintains smooth, effective working relationships; promotes effective teamwork.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor or related certification.
What is a Must Have?
- 3+ years of work experience in IT or as an IT Auditor, with experience in one or more technology disciplines (network, database, business applications, programming, etc.).
- BA/BS degree required
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.