Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$80,200.00 - $132,300.00
What Is the Opportunity?Under general supervision, this position performs risk assessments to evaluate threats and behaviors to ensure workplace safety. Sr Workplace Investigators make recommendations in a timely manner to mitigate these threats. This position requires a combination of virtual and in person / onsite collaboration, including enterprise wide and global investigations.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility. Travel may be required.
What Will You Do?
- Collaborate with multiple functional areas and key stakeholders (system-wide) to deliver a comprehensive, effective, and sustainable Workplace Violence Prevention Program to reduce the number of workplace violence incidents that may occur.
- Create, develop, and deliver Workplace Violence Prevention (WPV) training which may include Active Shooter Training.
- Provide Resident Managers appropriate training and threat assessment methodologies to mitigate risk factors and to reduce the frequency and/or intensity of disruptive and violent behaviors.
- Create repeatable yet agile high reliability processes to effectively respond to immediate and emerging threats at any level, at any time, and at any location across the enterprise.
- Responsible for preparing and presenting statistical, evaluative, and predictive assessments/reports for multiple audiences.
- Serve as a consultant and operational contributor to site level Workplace Violence Prevention Committees, contributing to granular, criteria based, prioritized, and dynamic case management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Advanced research, investigation, interviewing and analytical skills. Ability to organize, analyze, and report facts.
- Intermediate writing skills; demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely document investigation findings.
- Advanced collaboration and communication skills. Demonstrated ability to build relationships, work independently and in a team environment and to keep stakeholders informed.
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's degree in behavioral science, Criminal Justice, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in assessing and managing situations that involve individuals who exhibit threatening, intimidating, or disruptive behaviors and/or persons with complex personality traits or tendencies.
- Valid driver's license.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.