Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$75,400.00 - $124,300.00
What Is the Opportunity?To aid in public policy decisions, state regulatory bodies often seek information from insurance carriers. This position is on the front line of complying with that request by providing the information sought. They understand the ask, determine the best sources for gathering the information sought, query those sources, validate results, present findings for internal review, prepare and submit the information and respond to any follow-up questions.
Leverages technology and analytics skills to deliver on information requests from various regulatory bodies, taxing agents, and internal requests. Apply basic to intermediate data analysis practices to extract, format, and submit requested information to satisfy enterprise compliance initiatives. Performs intermediate to advanced data profiling, metadata documentation, data lineage, and data transformation rules in support of key program deliverables. Meets data management needs of internal and external clients according to established standards, including problem research/resolution and customer education. Provides data subject matter expertise within areas of knowledge to Business and IT organizations. Performs data impact analyses in partnership with project teams. Supports the building of strategic model solutions including transformation rules and attribute relationships.
In Business Insurance Actuarial and Analytics, we deliver tailored analytics and innovative data science solutions that influence decisions and enable superior results. We have an inclusive culture where everyone feels that they belong, can be authentic, are valued, respected, empowered and part of our success. We see strength in the uniqueness that each of us contributes to creating innovative solutions and improving business outcomes.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
What Will You Do?
- Data Quality:
- Ensures consistency, accuracy, timeliness, validity and completeness of data
- Implements processes to promote data quality for business purposes
- Performs moderately complex data profiling and analysis; communicates results in support of data quality processes.
- Meets with business customers to develop and maintain business data requirements and specifications
- Data Governance:
- Develops, implements, executes and documents data management policies, standards and best practices
- Drives the discussion and collaborates with partners on the submission and review of any governance artifacts
- Data Analysis:
- Demonstrates and applies detailed understanding of overall data models, data relationships, mapping lineage and business rules
- Participates in the creation of data models (e.g. entity design and population)
- Performs testing and validation of business requirements
- Creates detailed test strategies and test plans.
- Performs moderately complex root cause analysis and resolution of business data issues
- Metadata Mgmt/ Data Catalog:
- Trains others in applying metadata standards.
- Performing intermediate to advanced metadata documentation, data lineage, data transformation rules in support of key program deliverables.
- Implements metadata repositories
- Data Stewardship:
- Understand who the data stewards are and their purpose
- Leverage them as appropriate
- Data Security:
- Ensures data and information are handled in accordance with established laws, regulations and policies.
- Data Culture:
- Embodies and promotes the Travelers data culture values
- Knowledge Management:
- Uses tools, processes and workflows to capture knowledge, find information and maintain its relevance
- Actively promotes a knowledge sharing culture
- Assists with the designing the creation, maintenance and governance of taxonomies and ensures its applicability to content and/or data
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Technical Knowledge:
- Bachelors degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
- Intermediate knowledge of Data Management tools, techniques and programing languages
- Demonstrates general understanding of overall data models, data relationships, mapping lineage and business rules
- Experience performing data analytics and writing SQL queries
- Experience with Data Profiling & Data Quality, recommending improvements to best practices
- 5 years of data management or relevant analytics experience
- IDMA or DAMA Certifications
What is a Must Have?
- Bachelor's degree or two years of relevant data and analytics, and/or data management experience.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.