Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$86,900.00 - $143,400.00
What Is the Opportunity?Portfolio Project Manager role will be aligned to the BI Product Value Stream as an individual contributor. The Portfolio Project Manager may be aligned to one or more Product Lines as appropriate or span across the Product Value Stream to provide support throughout the Agile 2.0 governance practice. The Portfolio Project Manager will help in identifying connections related to the business outcomes across the Value Streams and Circles to the defined BI and Market Strategies. The Portfolio Project Manager may also be aligned to support small to large scale projects in support of BI Strategic Initiatives.
The Portfolio Project Manager works with moderate supervision and is responsible for applying Project Management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to Project deliverables, processes, and systems in order to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations.
Drive Prioritization and Planning Forums
- Implement/adhere to Agile 2.0 governance forums, practices and processes
- Refine/define the governance practice as needed across Product Line and Circle to ensure consistency across the BCO
- Support continued development of governance artifacts (e.g., Product Line and Circle Narratives)
Line of Business and Circle Engagement?
- Support discussions across Product & Circle Leads on execution against line strategy?
- Support in identifying gaps, dependencies that exist within a given line of business
- Development of holistic line milestone plans
- Support Product & Circle Leads to ensure the right level of engagement across BI is represented within the Circle and Value Stream forums?
- Act as a thought partner to challenge traditional means of driving work and champion the 'discovery' mindset to partner on the problems we are trying to solve, the outcomes we are looking to achieve, and support the Product and Circle Lead against defined measures of success
- Partner with Product and Circle lead in coordinating across disciplines (Market and Functional partners) to achieve maximized value delivery across initiatives (people, process, technology)
- Support Circle lead in creating and maintaining key artifacts that help drive prioritization conversations based on outcomes and business value delivery (i.e. Strategic roadmaps, Health of the Line, etc.)
- Support Line with business driven initiatives and coordinate across stakeholder groups (as a complement to the Circle)
Support work that crosses the boundary of one Circle?/Value Stream
- Help identify and resolve dependencies across Circles and Value Streams
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- 5 years of project management experience preferred.
- Experience managing others and/or project teams preferred.
What is a Must Have?
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 years of project management experience required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.