Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$139,000.00 - $229,400.00
What Is the Opportunity?As the pace of change quickens and marketplace demand grows for greater digital connectivity, faster speed of service, enhanced customer focus and more innovative products, our businesses within Bond & Specialty Insurance (B&SI) are taking on bigger and more complex Transform initiatives.
In anticipation of this growing need, B&SI leadership created the Strategic Planning & Execution (SP&E) team which is responsible for delivering collaborative support to our businesses and executing on multiple business priorities.
The AVP, Portfolio Lead is a new role to our SP&E team. The Portfolio Leads will coordinate and oversee execution of a grouping, or portfolio, of strategic initiatives. They will be responsible for the governance and execution of each initiative as prioritized, ensuring appropriate resources and timeframes to hit milestones and meet goals. As projects get more complicated, the Portfolio Leads will help evolve our execution practices, mature our project management capabilities and enhance our ability to deliver on initiatives.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to support flexibility.
What Will You Do?
* Will be active in the mentoring of members of the PM community,
* Provides significant contribution to internal enterprise standard setting.
* Promotes adoption of industry standards and best practices.
* Introduces and coaches on new Project Management techniques.
* Experienced in project recovery of at risk Projects.
* Provides substantive feedback to organizational learnings regarding improving Project Management execution.
* Strong leadership, push upstream
* Business experience needed and IT experience a plus
* Lead through conflict, adversity (e.g., matrix org, politics) - ability to lead and influence in a matrixed organization,
* Make change through influencing
* Ability to help others be successful, Strong teacher and coaching skills at individual and organizational level
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
* Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
* 10 years of project management experience preferred.
* 5 years of experience managing others preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
* Proven ability to analyze and manage multiple stakeholders - especially senior executives
* Fluency in a variety of project management methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Lean, Iterative).
* Proven track record in delivering complex programs through delegated authority
* Ability to sift through the noise, highly organized, able to prioritized
* Active listener and distill priorities
* Navigate through ambiguity
* Acumen in developing and working with business case for prioritization recommendations
* See success through others
* Willing/eager to address conflict and unspoken issues; high ability to have difficult conversations
* Ability to work through high pressure situations + dedication
What is a Must Have?
* High School diploma or equivalent required.
* 5 years of project management experience required.
* 3 years experience managing others required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.