Who Are We?
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
The annual base salary range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program, employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive awards.
Salary Range$114,400.00 - $188,800.00
What Is the Opportunity?The Sr. Project Director, B&SI Claim Strategic Initiatives partners with leaders across B&SI Management Liability Claim, other B&SI business units and strategic support units, and multiple lines of business across Travelers to drive strategic initiatives ensuring alignment and integration across strategy and business planning activities. This leader will be responsible for leading analysis, development and refinement of strategies, articulation of future capabilities needs and assessment of conceptual ideas that feed into strategic execution. These are efforts involving significant risk and complexity, large numbers of resources, organizational change issues, and support achievement of enterprise and/or strategic corporate goals.
What Will You Do?
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the B&SI Claim leadership team, the B&SI Claim Management Liability team, and the Strategic Initiatives community.
- Partner with others to ensure alignment on purpose, progress, and resource requirements needed to achieve business objectives.
- Establish engagement model with the B&SI Claim Management Liability business units to drive more holistic and robust planning, initiative prioritization, resource planning, and strategic roadmap development.
- Provide strong strategic leadership, direction, and execution focus.
- Control the planning and execution of initiatives and projects to ensure that established objectives, cost, time, and quality goals are met.
- Apply advanced Project Management knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to deliverables, processes, and systems in order to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What Will Our Ideal Candidate Have?
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- 9 years of project management experience preferred.
- 3 years of experience managing others and/or project teams preferred.
- Manages team development, very active in the mentoring of members of the PM community, may have direct management responsibility of PMs.
- Charged with mid-Project recovery of at risk Projects.
- Recommends rescoping, postponement, or cancellation as needed.
- Provides substantive feedback to organizational learnings regarding improving Project Management execution.
What is a Must Have?
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 5 years of project management experience required.
What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members - including spouses, domestic partners, and children - are eligible for coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of 20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company Holidays.
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, you're eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed therapist.
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit http://careers.travelers.com/life-at-travelers/benefits/.